A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #151  
   / A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #152  
   / A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #153  
Yea, who is the first LaneCruzer
I was wondering the same thing myself, so I googled. Much to my surprise...I'm famous! I know there is another one out there somewhere, but "he" is a motorcyclist and that's definitely not me.

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #154  
Why would anyone answer a phone w/o Googling a number first? What about texts, as in just about all I get that's legit? My private line has names and thus permissions. My home line is never answered. All numbers are searched. Neither line has any answering machine or voicemail. That's how I minimize junk call repeats and number sales. btw, I haven't missed an important connection in years.
I run some numbers but I’d never get anything done if I tried to run every number that calls me.

I just let them go to VM and that eliminates most going any further.

The iphon has a feature where calls not on the contact list are silenced and I don’t even hear them ring.

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #155  
I think my name is fairly common in Donegal...:)

Have you been to Donegal? We visited a few years ago and want to go back. Absolutely stunning place and the people are wonderful. Met two American men who had married Irish woman and moved to Donegal. Told my wife she had better behave. :eek: :D

Sooo, names...

19th Century Families

Now lets look at the birth family names I posted in ‘County Donegal, Ireland, genealogy and family history notes’:
“ The 19th century finds the following families most numerous in the county :”

Gallagher (196) Gallaher
Doherty (160) Dougherty
Boyle (102) Boile
O'Donnell (102) Donnell
McLaughlin (81) Laughlin
Sweeney (50) Sweaney
Ward (40) MacWard
Kelly (37) Kelley
McGinley (37) McKinley
McFadden (33) Fadden
McGowan (33) Mac Gowan
Duffy (29) Duffie
Campbell (28) Cambell

Is you name on the list? :unsure::D

Later,
Dan

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #156  
It's a variant of one of those listed. It's also an English name, so we may be among the "Ulster Irish", i.e. former English that emigrated to Ireland. According to our family research, my family came to the U.S. in the late 1600's and settled in Virginia and later settled in Bowling Green.

And no, I have never been to Donegal, but would like to go sometime.

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #157  
It's a variant of one of those listed. It's also an English name, so we may be among the "Ulster Irish", i.e. former English that emigrated to Ireland. According to our family research, my family came to the U.S. in the late 1600's and settled in Virginia and later settled in Bowling Green.

You really should visit Donegal, it is special. The history, views and people are amazing. We did get lucky, and out of 10 days, only had one day of rain. We were there less than a day, and the wife was talking to a neighbor about an apartment for sale in the complex where we were renting a place. :eek::D

You can tell by driving around that the county is poor, much of the land is not good for much other than raising sheep, so making a living would have been very difficult. I have seen documentaries from the 1960's where many of the men would go off to work for half a year to earn money. The tourist trade certainly helps the county now but the pandemic has greatly hurt the tourism and service businesses. :cry:

The Protestant/Loyalist vs Catholic/Republican problems still exist in Northern Ireland and to maybe a lesser extent in Donegal. The little town we stayed in had three churches for 900 people, the Catholic church was the largest, then there was the protestant Church of Ireland, with the big surprise being a Methodist church. And we thought Southern US towns had lots of churches. :ROFLMAO:

Later,
Dan

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #158  
I run some numbers but I’d never get anything done if I tried to run every number that calls me.

I just let them go to VM and that eliminates most going any further.

The iphon has a feature where calls not on the contact list are silenced and I don’t even hear them ring.

I don’t have caller id on land line. I don’t answer any phone unless I know who it is, which means leave a message. If I know the voice, I answer, maybe.

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #159  

Some of my family from portadown in N Ireland.

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #160  
I don’t have caller id on land line. I don’t answer any phone unless I know who it is, which means leave a message. If I know the voice, I answer, maybe.
That is exactly what I did back in the LL days.