Starlink

/ Starlink #1,401  
It varies, not surprisingly, but seems to average between just over 100Mb to 200Mb download speed, at around 20-30ms. I might think about doing something with PRTG or something similar on docker running on a vm, but have some other things taking up my time right now.
prtg is windows based only, just an fyi, so much easier then the linux variants, but up to you, whats your upload like?

/ Starlink #1,403  
So you add a dedicated ground to the dish itself? I will have to pick up a ground rod, and some wire. thank you I didnt think of that.
I didn't ground the dish itself, just the surge suppressor. The way Starlink is set up, the first opportunity to put a surge suppressor in is at the dish cable to POE adapter.

Lots of people just ground these to the house ground, which may be the only practical solution. Definitely it is better than not doing anything. If you can do the ground rod route, that is great!

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,404  
i do not currently have it. but i put in for it. and was granted access about 3 months ago. I live near Scranton PA.
I'm just northeast of Scranton and applied on 8/19/21. I was also told my area was targeted for service in mid to late 2021.

/ Starlink #1,405  
I downloaded the Starlink app to check my future dishy install location. I enabled GPS location, high accuracy, and had a wifi signal. But when I tried to check for obstructions it says:

"Your phone does not have the features needed to use this tool."

What?

Some folks on Reddit said set your screen to max brightness, then try again. That didn't work.

Any ideas?

/ Starlink #1,406  
Asking the obvious, but how old is your phone? The app is supposed to function on some relatively old phones.

I would try killing the app and restarting it, and then uninstalling it, rebooting, and reinstalling it. If that doesn't work, you could email support at mobile@spacex.com

FWIW: I have had the app fail to work more than once for no obvious reason. I have noticed that it wants WiFi access, even when there is no WiFi.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,407  
I downloaded the Starlink app to check my future dishy install location. I enabled GPS location, high accuracy, and had a wifi signal. But when I tried to check for obstructions it says:

"Your phone does not have the features needed to use this tool."

What?

Some folks on Reddit said set your screen to max brightness, then try again. That didn't work.

Any ideas?
As far as I can tell the app needs GPS location, network connectivity and camera access. You said you granted location permission. Any chance you have not granted camera permission to the app?

/ Starlink #1,408  
FWIW: It seems to require access to WiFi, but the app functions and proceeds with obstruction searches without being connected to the network. Our preferred locations have no WiFi...

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,410  
their entire cast including Michael came to Scranton, to the stadium. my wife had connections. i was within 20 feet of them for the entire thing. it was pretty cool.

I’ve watched that.