Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #261  
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #263  
I'm almost ready to walk out 🙂

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #264  
Capitalism may be one of the best systems around but it does have its flaws. When one union gets a raise, it triggers a round of inflation that just causes other workers to need raises to keep up with the rising cost of living. The bottom line of the paycheck goes up, but the standard of living doesn't. The common argument is that the workers should be given a bigger percentage of the profits. That sounds good, but it never really happens. The employer just raises the price their goods, and the consumer (the other workers) pay for it. The company owners don't take a hit, in fact they usually raise their prices more than needed so they get even a bigger percentage of the profits. The gap between rich and poor grows and the standard of living actually decreases.

So you guys can go on debating this all you want. The truth is that the whole system is seriously flawed. I don't pretend to have an answer, but I get tired of hearing how "perfect" capitalism is.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #265  
Capitalism may be one of the best systems around but it does have its flaws. When one union gets a raise, it triggers a round of inflation that just causes other workers to need raises to keep up with the rising cost of living. The bottom line of the paycheck goes up, but the standard of living doesn't. The common argument is that the workers should be given a bigger percentage of the profits. That sounds good, but it never really happens. The employer just raises the price their goods, and the consumer (the other workers) pay for it. The company owners don't take a hit, in fact they usually raise their prices more than needed so they get even a bigger percentage of the profits. The gap between rich and poor grows and the standard of living actually decreases.

So you guys can go on debating this all you want. The truth is that the whole system is seriously flawed. I don't pretend to have an answer, but I get tired of hearing how "perfect" capitalism is.
Name a better system?

And an aside, if the profits are increasing enough a new company will start up. A lot of people see revenue numbers and think that's profit which is sometimes confusing. Just because Deere's sales/revenue are up doesn't mean profits are up, heck with steel, shipping and other costs profits could easily go down or negative even with record sales.

But if profits are high enough to justify the risk a new company will come in...unlike China where the number and types of companies are dictated by the government.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #266  
I didn't say I had an answer, but it doesn't mean that things are peachy with the status quo.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #267  
I have a masters in Economics, I have studied all the economic systems...there is not a perfect system. Either you have a dictator in control of every economic decision, or you have a representative government with a federal reserve. I will take the latter.

The problem with our system is it taxes production instead of taxing consumption.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #268  
...So you guys can go on debating this all you want. The truth is that the whole system is seriously flawed. I don't pretend to have an answer, but I get tired of hearing how "perfect" capitalism is.
I don't think anyone ever said capitalism was perfect. As the old cliché goes:

Capitalism sucks, it just happens to suck less than every other system there is.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #269  
Hope in one hand s**t in the other, which one fills up faster? Hope is not a method, hard work with a defined goal will give amazing results every time in this nation...for now.

It's like a campaign slogan from a while back, worst one ever for America because it's the idea that someone else (union, government, whatever) is going to fix your problems. They aren't and in most cases even if they fix yours they've made it worse for countless others. Don't "hope", get out there and find your goal then get after it.
"It's like a campaign slogan from a while back, worst one ever for America because it's the idea that someone else (union, government, whatever) is going to fix your problems. They aren't and in most cases even if they fix yours they've made it worse for countless others. Don't "hope", get out there and find your goal then get after it."

I recall a recent president saying something along the lines of "I alone can fix it..."

Status
Not open for further replies.