Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #273  
   / Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #274  
I have a masters in Economics, I have studied all the economic systems...there is not a perfect system. Either you have a dictator in control of every economic decision, or you have a representative government with a federal reserve. I will take the latter.

The problem with our system is it taxes production instead of taxing consumption.

Production in some instances, consumption in others.

If you know how to play the capitalists current games, you will do well. Or you have the choice to just idle along.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #277  
I keep reading about the company only worries about the shareholders. Most companies you can be a shareholder in and if an employee, usually at a discount! Walmart has an employee stock plan for sure. Home Depot does. Maybe too many employees aren't taking advantage of what's available to them. I am in my company stock plan and it has done me well.

Saddest thing is If I were to figure up all the shares I COULD have had by this year (33 years) and what it's recent, all time record price was, I could be very depressed. But I prefer to think of all the things it's helped me buy over the years, home, RV, Boat, Pickups, etc.

Life is a journey, not a destination right? I've been enjoying the journey.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #278  
When I was working in industry I saw a major change happen, starting in the early 1990s. Before that time companies tended to care more about their employees. In fact what I was taught was my job as a manager was to do whatever you can to aid your employees in being successful at their job. Then things started changing. The new business model is that the person at the top is to be viewed as a genius. Each step below him the person is some what less of genius until you get at the bottom rung that is occupied by total idiots. The CEO's job is to return maximum return to the stockholders during the current fiscal period. Long term investments in the company don't usually support that. Keeping employees happy doesn't always support that goal either. It wasn't just my company I saw that happening. I saw it all over. I know their are exceptions, but unfortunately there are not enough of them.

/ Strike at Deere plants in the US, more supply chain shortage to come #279  
The difference is one of direction. The union actively protects the lazy workers. I never said there were no lazy workers outside of unions. A few may even slip through the cracks due to bad management, but it is not a way of life. In non union shops lazy worker sticking around is an aberration. In union shops, lazy workers are applauded in my experience.

I agree. Unfortunately I think the unions have created laziness. People know they have extra layers of protection and just conform to the system. Our government has done the same thing over the last year and a half. People have become “trained” or “accustomed “ to staying home from work and getting extra incentives to do so. That is why the trend continues even though many of these incentives no longer exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.