Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #61  
They make them in several different "weights" some are 7mm, some 8mm and a few 9 or 11mm.
The different sizes of the chains, not really weight but close.

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's
I think next summer I'll get a set of the 9mm talons. I see them now for my 16.9-24 rears for about $1,300.

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #63  
Not sure of your situation, around here the local Townships mostly run 14.00x24 grader tires. They sell off their old chains when they are worn down enough to start giving them trouble. They are mostly 2-link crossbar type chains. I have gave away 3 pair over the years. They would outlast your tractor.

Definatly something to keep in mind.

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #65  
Rob41--Great pics. Thank you very much. Great thread.
Here’s my post at OTT and I have this groover. I’m willing to share it for the cost of shipping + $25. That would be enough to keep ordering blades. I have a PayPal account, wife does Venmo. PM me if interested or better yet email me at pugota.kubota@gmail.com

Jeff

Does tire grooving really work?

4581A93C-F627-4EE7-BE02-6B28C6204B52.png

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #66  
I was going to use Aqualine chains, but my tractor has them plastic fender with very little room for studded chains it seems.

/ Kubota M7040 with grooved R4's #67  
I guess some tractors are easier to put chains on than others. I think the majority of M7040's came with R1 tires but mine has R4. That makes for more room in the wheel wells.
I was going to use Aqualine chains, but my tractor has them plastic fender with very little room for studded chains it seems.
I'm going to get a set but not till summer for next winter. I think my current set up is working just fine for my driveway and around my barns. The only place I need them is going to the back of my property where there are a couple sizable hills.

Nice, let us know how well they work for you.