Lyme Disease

/ Lyme Disease #21  
Permethrin is great stuff. I use it when hunting and it really keeps the ticks away. spray it on clothing and let it dry. Non-toxic once dry. Stays on clothing for a few washes I am told.

/ Lyme Disease #22  
Permethrin is great stuff. I use it when hunting and it really keeps the ticks away. spray it on clothing and let it dry. Non-toxic once dry. Stays on clothing for a few washes I am told.

Not safe if you have cats around.

/ Lyme Disease #23  
Dr. Rawls Lyme disease protocol takes some time, and it will cure many from the disease, even the Persistent or Chronic Lyme Disease cases. Time depends on the Lyme bacteria overload your body has.

I know of 2 people at wits end going thru the program and are living a Lyme free life now.

Normal path is to take antibiotics and hope for the best, however many people are allergic to doxycycline, cefuroxime, and amoxicillin or the Lyme bacteria becomes a resistant strain. Or after the antibiotic treatments, the Lyme disease comes back with a vengeance.

Lauric acid had the most potent antimicrobial properties of the saturated fatty acids and that linoleic and
linolenic acids of the unsaturated fatty acids.

Antibiotics Vs. Natural Treatment For Lyme Disease | mindbodygreen
Healing from Lyme is an ongoing process, and it cannot happen with one isolated drug, supplement, or therapy. It requires tuning in to your body and adopting a variety of health-promoting strategies that, together, strengthen and protect the immune system so it can keep harmful pathogens in check.

And this is even a higher kill rate of both Lyme and the spirochetes in the body, over 90%.
https://www.infectiousdiseaseadviso...ective-against-pathogens-causing-lyme-disease

And being on the Lyme fighting diet,
Foods to Help Fight Lyme

So there is hope out there for people when Lyme happens.

/ Lyme Disease #24  
If you want to look at something that is non-chemical & safe for humans & animals (Oh & works), I would recommend looking to a product called CedarCide. We (& many other that we know) have been using their products for at least 7 to 8yrs, with great results... We use it on our lawns & directly on our shoes / clothing when working in the woods (it is safe for humans & pets). We also use an all natural garlic product for the mosquitoes which works very well...

A little bit of a rant...
So, I have mentioned this on a couple of other posts (but don't advertise it) & I know there are many people that down play this threat... but my wife went misdiagnosed & has permanent neurological damage & has struggled daily due to Lyme Disease & other co-infections for the past 14yrs... This is to the point that we keep a transport wheelchair available for her to use... (my wife is currently in her mid to late 40's & prior to this she worked out 4 to 5 times a week, ran her owe business, & walked our dogs daily)... this epidemic is not a joke... & is not treated correctly 80+% of the time... sorry but commits from the like of people that say ("I wear a seresto collar around my neck like my dogs. It just kinda sucks sleeping in a crate haha. I don’t do a thing about ticks. I don’t even look for them on me. If I happen to find one I Take care of it. Maybe I’ll give a tick Lyme disease") are not helpful...

I hope & pray you or your love ones never experience the devastation it can do to the human body... but you are no help to this conversation... as Lyme & the co-infections have destroyed lives (if you don't believe it... please come visit us)

Sorry for the rant... but this has been a very real thing in our lives... our relationship... & our commitment to each other... Lyme Disease & the co-infections are not a joke... please due what you can to prevent infection...
A thumbs up for CedarCide, I spray it all over the living/playing area around the house as far as my hoses will reach.
Stuff smells good too but I have not tried it on myself yet.
Irony is I have been feeling totally out of it for the past week thinking it was a side effect of an antibiotic I am taking for a gum infection but today went in to have a test to see whats up.
Have not yet gotten results but the PA who I spoke to strongly suspects it is either Lyme or Anaplasmosis. Started a course of Doxycyline in advance of the results anyway.

/ Lyme Disease #25  
If you want to look at something that is non-chemical & safe for humans & animals (Oh & works), I would recommend looking to a product called CedarCide. We (& many other that we know) have been using their products for at least 7 to 8yrs, with great results... We use it on our lawns & directly on our shoes / clothing when working in the woods (it is safe for humans & pets). We also use an all natural garlic product for the mosquitoes which works very well...

A little bit of a rant...
So, I have mentioned this on a couple of other posts (but don't advertise it) & I know there are many people that down play this threat... but my wife went misdiagnosed & has permanent neurological damage & has struggled daily due to Lyme Disease & other co-infections for the past 14yrs... This is to the point that we keep a transport wheelchair available for her to use... (my wife is currently in her mid to late 40's & prior to this she worked out 4 to 5 times a week, ran her owe business, & walked our dogs daily)... this epidemic is not a joke... & is not treated correctly 80+% of the time... sorry but commits from the like of people that say ("I wear a seresto collar around my neck like my dogs. It just kinda sucks sleeping in a crate haha. I don’t do a thing about ticks. I don’t even look for them on me. If I happen to find one I Take care of it. Maybe I’ll give a tick Lyme disease") are not helpful...

I hope & pray you or your love ones never experience the devastation it can do to the human body... but you are no help to this conversation... as Lyme & the co-infections have destroyed lives (if you don't believe it... please come visit us)

Sorry for the rant... but this has been a very real thing in our lives... our relationship... & our commitment to each other... Lyme Disease & the co-infections are not a joke... please due what you can to prevent infection...
Thank you Sir......That is what I was looking for. My best wishes for your wife.

/ Lyme Disease #26  
In my region (Eastern Ontario), ticks are becoming more numerous due to warmer temperatures. And the prevalence of Lyme in ticks is increasing. Now about 30% of ticks in my area carry Lyme, and I know some people suffering from the disease. It's not pretty. Fortunately, it takes some attachment time for humans to be able to get infected from a bite.

We don't make heroic efforts to avoid ticks, but we do wear boots, or pants inside socks, when working outdoors in the spring or fall. And we spray around ankles and wrists with icaridin-based insect repellent (same as picaridin, but different from DEET). Nevertheless, both wife and I have a couple of tick bites a year.

When one has been bitten, for those into such things, there's a recommended flowchart at https://www.hqontario.ca/Portals/0/documents/evidence/qs-clinical-guidance-lyme-disease-en.pdf
It's made specifically for Ontario, but perhaps useful more generally. The guidance has changed slightly over recent years, and our family doctor's advice is very slightly different (he's an outdoors guy too), but directionally consistent. We settled in on the following, which keeps it simple.

1. Beginning of each season, our doctor prescribes for us doxy and we pick up a single prescription "in reserve" that we keep at our bush property

2. Each evening, we tick-check. We remove any with a https://tickkey.com/ (much easier to use than other things we've tried)

3. If we've removed a tick that we're sure we picked it up that day, we do nothing special, just watch for a few weeks for a bulls' eye rash

4. If we remove a tick that might have been on for a day or two, we take a prophylactic single dose of doxy (see Box 5 in the pdf linked above). No need to see doctor or get tick or ourselves tested, just do it.

5. We'd start a full regimen of doxy if we saw localized infection, e.g. bulls eye, if possible after consult with doctor. This has happened once to us.

Oh yeah. We segregate potentially ticky clothes. They're dirty anyway, but it means stripping and changing into clean clothes when we're done for the day, and putting them straight into the washer (or keeping them on the porch for reuse), not hurling them around carelessly on the couch.

/ Lyme Disease #27  
Where I live in Nothern MN, the ticks started early this year and there are lots of them. Not uncommon to pull 10 or 20 off the dog each day. He goes outside for bathroom breaks and hangs out with me when I'm working. I usually will find a half dozen on me each day and wonder how many of them transfer from him when I play with him. In the woods, it is much, much worse. When I was a kid growing up here, once it got really good and hot during the summer, the ticks stopped. That doesn't seem to be the case any longer. They just continue until winter sets in.

/ Lyme Disease #28  
Where I live in Nothern MN, the ticks started early this year and there are lots of them. Not uncommon to pull 10 or 20 off the dog each day. He goes outside for bathroom breaks and hangs out with me when I'm working. I usually will find a half dozen on me each day and wonder how many of them transfer from him when I play with him. In the woods, it is much, much worse. When I was a kid growing up here, once it got really good and hot during the summer, the ticks stopped. That doesn't seem to be the case any longer. They just continue until winter sets in.
My dog gets a pill every month, and hasn’t had a tick on him in 10 years.
I don’t want to know how it interacts with him, but as I mentioned above he had Lyme’s when I got him, so I feel the pill is the lesser of two evils.