Lyme Disease

/ Lyme Disease #11  
They really aren't that bad here yet. When I go downstate to visit my mother, I always do a tick check when I get home.

My dog had Lyme's when I got him. I didn't even know, but my vet ran a routine check which came back positive. I hadn't gone 5 miles down the road when they called me about it. I don't know why it's so much more difficult to diagnose humans.

/ Lyme Disease #13  
I can walk in the center of a highway,
without a weed or blade of grass within a hundred yards of me, and a tick will find me.
It must be your magnetic personality. ;)

When I was working in other parts of New England it wasn't uncommon to take 30 ticks from my dog, and as many off from myself at the end of every day. I got so that I could be driving down the highway at 55 and find one on her, pull it off and throw it out the window without even taking my eyes off the road.

/ Lyme Disease #16  
What do you guys do/use to prevent ticks? I got a spray bottle of some chemical stuff several years ago but I have to discipline myself to use it. :confused: I seldom see a tick so it's easy to get lazy.

If you want to look at something that is non-chemical & safe for humans & animals (Oh & works), I would recommend looking to a product called CedarCide. We (& many other that we know) have been using their products for at least 7 to 8yrs, with great results... We use it on our lawns & directly on our shoes / clothing when working in the woods (it is safe for humans & pets). We also use an all natural garlic product for the mosquitoes which works very well...

A little bit of a rant...
So, I have mentioned this on a couple of other posts (but don't advertise it) & I know there are many people that down play this threat... but my wife went misdiagnosed & has permanent neurological damage & has struggled daily due to Lyme Disease & other co-infections for the past 14yrs... This is to the point that we keep a transport wheelchair available for her to use... (my wife is currently in her mid to late 40's & prior to this she worked out 4 to 5 times a week, ran her owe business, & walked our dogs daily)... this epidemic is not a joke... & is not treated correctly 80+% of the time... sorry but commits from the like of people that say ("I wear a seresto collar around my neck like my dogs. It just kinda sucks sleeping in a crate haha. I don’t do a thing about ticks. I don’t even look for them on me. If I happen to find one I Take care of it. Maybe I’ll give a tick Lyme disease") are not helpful...

I hope & pray you or your love ones never experience the devastation it can do to the human body... but you are no help to this conversation... as Lyme & the co-infections have destroyed lives (if you don't believe it... please come visit us)

Sorry for the rant... but this has been a very real thing in our lives... our relationship... & our commitment to each other... Lyme Disease & the co-infections are not a joke... please due what you can to prevent infection...

/ Lyme Disease #17  
Two summers ago I got "Tick Fever" bad. Talk about fever dreams! I was bed ridden for a week before my wife got me to go get checked out.
Doxy made everything better in 12 hours. But I have not been right since.

Maybe it's old age.. maybe it's the tick fever.

But I look myself over after an outing in the woods... I never want those halucinations ever again. I could not tell if I was dreaming or awake! Scary stuff.

/ Lyme Disease #20  
The ticks are worse than ever.
I've also noticed that this year, I usually get just a couple a year but this year I'm getting several a week. Even just doing morning Milking I've come back with one and we have a lot of guinea around the place to control them. But there's also more rabbits this year than I've ever seen here and almost no coyotes. Nature's cycles of life, we don't understand it all yet.