Pics from the stand

/ Pics from the stand
This is a pretty special deer. Most look smaller in person than on camera. This guy looks even bigger in person. Been seeing him on the property since June. Been a ghost since the season opened so not sure if he's still alive or not.
WOW! They just grow them different up north.

/ Pics from the stand #12  
This is a pretty special deer. Most look smaller in person than on camera. This guy looks even bigger in person. Been seeing him on the property since June. Been a ghost since the season opened so not sure if he's still alive or not.
They do that.... and around here movement changes during the rut. Just re-found where the local big guy is moving about. Mostly I re-find them during doe season.....:poop:

/ Pics from the stand #13  
Antlers are nice JK, but every big one I've ever shot was tough eating. I pick my deer like groceries these days!

/ Pics from the stand #15  
Antlers only get shot if they are worth going on the wall. That's why I let that 8 in the pics walk. Does go in the freezer.
From the pics it looks like you have no shortage of groceries up there.

/ Pics from the stand #16  
Indeed he the yard boss...thanks for sharing. (y)

/ Pics from the stand
From the pics it looks like you have no shortage of groceries up there.
This is the most deer movement I've ever seen. I had deer moving all day everyday and usually had 8 to 12 in the fields in the evenings.

/ Pics from the stand
I did get a look at the big one this morning. He came out at 9:45. Far end of my field. Unfortunately he was at about 350 yards. I tried rattling to see if I could turn him but at that distance and with the wind I don't think he even heard me. Continued straight across from north to south back into the timber. Heading out for vacation tomorrow. Just hope he makes it through this closing weekend.

/ Pics from the stand #19  
Beautiful pictures,thanks for sharing. I'd consider it a successful hunt and the big one will have another year to spread his genetics.

/ Pics from the stand #20  
Nice shots! The one with the house looks like a Christmas card.