Tired of oil change bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Tired of oil change bull
Theres alot of people that think same weigh different brands are ok, equals sludge aswell

Brown oil is caused by condensation, Not letting motor run full temp, water in oil, I know a guy that started his parked car motor 5 mins in winter every week, plugged oil pump and seized motor

/ Tired of oil change bull #14  
1709867660860.png

I knew id find alot of fan boys with this topic , Call me a troll all you want because everyone's a troll to what they push onto others, This is only a conversation and observation on my part

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Tired of oil change bull #17  
I knew id find alot of fan boys with this topic , Call me a troll all you want because everyone's a troll to what they push onto others, This is only a conversation and observation on my part
No one pushes anything on anyone.
You have an opinion that you feel is based on observation but l can guarantee not everything you see is necessarily explained correctly.
Oil changes color mostly because of heat and not condensation. Contaminates are the other factor for color change.
Water ( condensation) being clear cannot change color of anything and is why they call it the universal solvent but you come here and make outlandish and incorrect assertions and then blame us for calling you out.
So state your observations but don’t get your panties bunched up at us when your reasonings are out the window and depicted as such.

/ Tired of oil change bull #18  
Water in oil is immediately obvious. It doesn't turn it brown in the manner you're describing. In any real quantity, it turns the oil into more of what looks like chocolate milkshake. Oil turns darker in use over time due to particulates and carbon that build up in the oil and are suspended. Fuel and often small amounts of condensation (mostly engines that are frequently started for short durations or vehicles left outside in the weather with a lot of large temperature swings) are also going to be found in oil in higher concentration over time. It is a fool's errand to run the same oil for too long, IMO.

Last edited:
   / Tired of oil change bull #19  
One of my brothers had a car that only lasted 120tho on it, he thought oil was oil and placed any weigh or brand, we took valve cover off and it was like thick vaseline all over, motor was worthless

rod at 85K lol that could be anything like low oil or was hard on it, instead of insults try some common courtesy
I was being as 'courteous' as I could muster in commenting on your what I consider to be a very obtuse post. I could have been much more blunt and condescending but I tempered my comment. In fact I edited it 3 times before posting it. Far as I'm concerned to put it bluntly, I think you and your dad are FOS, but out of respect for your late father I won't say any more.

/ Tired of oil change bull #20  
Thinking back, your last thread was obtuse as well. I'm done with this thread as your comments fly in the face of what I feel is correct and prudent. I have to agree with others, you are a troll. Outta here...

Status
Not open for further replies.