Long 6 cord Woodshed....finished

/ Long 6 cord Woodshed....finished #1  

MotorSeven

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE Hydro
Well, while waiting for my backhoe guy to get me in the "que" to dig the hole for my Root Cellar, I built a 4x40' covered woodshed. Each bin will hold a little over a cord of wood. I used 6x6' posts and 2x8's for the floor joists and deck board, the roof is 90" wide & across the back is 50"x16' Hog wire panels to keep the wood from falling 100' down to the creek:
woodshed139.jpg

woodshed138.jpg

woodshed141.jpg

woodshed140.jpg

Now the really really fun part is filling it from my 10 cord "pile":punch:
Highwaypegs013.jpg

/ Long 6 cord Woodshed....finished #3  
Very nice design and build. Looks like you spent some time thinking it out and maximizing air flow. Congratulations.

Around here, that space under the wood would terrify me because of all the snakes I have. LOL

Eddie

/ Long 6 cord Woodshed....finished
6 or 7....heating from the basement with a old '86 Hearthstone H1.
H1HunterGreen006.jpg

Long range plan is to upgrade to a Yukon wood/ over gas/oil/electric(have not decided on which back up yet):
Yukon - Your Wood Furnace Company

Eddie, I left a big area under there so the cat(s) can get in there and terrorize the mice. I would welcome the snakes...all rodents must die:laughing:

Last edited:
   / Long 6 cord Woodshed....finished #7  
Yep....nice ! Amazing all the different designs people come up with that work for them, huh ?

Now somebody will come along and say "Where did you get the plans for that ?"......ahahahaaa.....outa my head.....

/ Long 6 cord Woodshed....finished #8  
nice M7 good to see you back.... I like your ideas :)

/ Long 6 cord Woodshed....finished #9  
Always nice to ready your stuff…..I don`t see how you get so much stuff done, as it has rained so much this year..Nice…Tony

We were actually down on rain this spring. The gardens have done great, but hay production was cut almost in half on the first cut. We got a good bit in July, but still down from the average:
403 Request Blocked