I'm using Duct tape for wart removal

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #1  

rox

Veteran Member
Years ago I had a Planters wart and let it go as I had never had one before and didn't knwo what it was. I jsut assumed whatever was irritating my foot would get better. Eventually it became very painful and I went to the doctor and then onto a podiatrist. He used a laser to remove it and man did that hurt during it, getting a huge shot with a needle thrown at your foot and the needle, I kid you not must have been 10" long. The doctor took a plug out about the size of a dime and about an 3/4" deep. No way could I put any weight on that area for a good 6 weeks. It was a real pain in the foot. :)

So now if I have an bumps on my feet I am much more attentive. Went to the doc in France about 2 years ago fearing another plantars wart, turns out it was just a corn. But now I feel certain I have a wart not a corn on my foot. Now we have the internet so I search on warts and was surprised to find that you can use duct tape to remove warts so that is the method I am going for. I'll let you know if it works or not.

Attachments

• Wart 001.JPG
    Wart 001.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 5,301
  • Wart 005.JPG
    Wart 005.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 20,053
   / I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #3  
My daughter had a really bad Planters wart. The doc froze it a couple of times and it just did not go away. She told us to try one of the over the counter wart freezers so we could hit the wart more often and cheaper than office visits. The daughter hated having this done for some reason but eventually we applied it a few times per the instructions and finally that planters wart went away.

I have hard duct tape works. :) Be interesting to see if it does.

Later,
Dan

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #4  
How the heck does duct tape remove a wart???

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #5  
Hey, good luck to you Rox. That sounds painful!

I can echo dmccarty's post but for different reasons. My German Shepherd Dog kept getting warts right on the end of his nose. These things would get absolutely HUGE if I didn't do anything. The only time I didn't do anything and let one get the size of an acorn the resulting surgery was particularly nasty. The doc had to cut so much out of his nose to get all of the wart that stitches wouldn't hold the incision closed. I had to "try" to keep his nose bandaged (yeah, right!), keep it clean (again; right), and keep antibiotics on it. It took months to finally heal.

About the time it finally healed, I saw another wart sprouting up right next to where the last was. :mad: Not wanting to put the dog through that again I sought out the advice of a few physicians I know. Several suggested buying the over the counter freeze along with applying salicylic acid to the wart. Not wanting to spend the money or put the dog through surgery again, I bought some and tried applying it every 5 days for a month. Fortunately that worked great and he has not had another reappear since.

Even more similar to yours, one of my daughters had a plantars wart on the bottom of her big toe. Since she is very active in soccer she really didn't want anything done that would hurt or make her sore, I thought I'd try the same with her toe. I still had the stuff from when I did the dog's nose so I used it on her toe; every five days for a month just like was successful on the dog. I was curious if it would really work because a plantar wart is actually caused by the human papillomavirus. I had reservations if it would work since plantar warts are generally tougher to remove than regular warts. Fortunately, it again worked perfectly. Heck, since it's right downstairs, I'll just take a pic of what I used. It is pictured below.

The Duct Tape method has been around for quite a while and has debatable results. One guy that lived in my fraternity back in college who was also planning on going to med school told me that back home (for him that was Brazil) they used to tie Willow tree bark to the wart for removal. Medically, that is basically utilizing a weak form of salicylic acid; which is derived from the Willow tree bark. And, yes, asprin is basically salicylic acid and was first isolated by a French pharmacist. ;) Good luck!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    432.5 KB · Views: 5,044
   / I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #6  
Dargo,

That is the same product we used. Was not cheap as I remember it but cheaper than Doc visits. :D

Later,
Dan

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal
dargo,
Thanks! I'll be back in Wisconsin on Tuesday and I think I'll try treating with that. It was really helpful to see the pic. I think I'll do both, hit it with the freeze product and then put duct tape over it. I jsut don't want this thing to gat any bigger, it's pretty small right now but I have had it for at least a month. I still remember that big one I got removed so I don't want to go through that again. many thanks for the info I'll pick some up.

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #8  
Aaah, the things I learn on Tractorbynet. I never heard of the duct tape method, so I'll sure be interested in how well that works. And I've wondered about the over-the-counter wart freezing medications.

Rox, I was 16 years old when I had a big plantars wart right in the middle of the sole of one foot. The doctor first injected the anesthesia; two shots; one on each side of the wart. Now this boy had a hard time staying hitched when he stuck that needle in the bottom of my foot. Then he had an electric needle that he just kept punching in and out, burning the wart. That part didn't hurt, but whew! the smell of my own burning flesh was a terrible odor. And it was a big enough wart that I still have a scar there 62 years later.

And like you, it was quite some time before it healed and quit hurting. I still had to go to work in the service station every day, but I was sure limping around.

Many years later, I had a doctor freeze some small warts on the backs of my hands, but there was just almost nothing to that.

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #9  
would that duct tape work on the pinched nerve in my back?:D