I'm using Duct tape for wart removal

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #11  
Try a good alcohol hand sanitizer on the warts. After a few days if it starts to itch it works.

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #13  
As a teenager I had planters warts on my feet, then when I was 21 they spread to my hands and forearms. The college I went to had an old "war doctor" at the health services, he used an electric needle to burn enormous craters in my fingers, the palm of my hand (don't you dare go there ;)) and forearms, (ah, yes, the smell of burning flesh :)) and it took several weeks of oozing before they healed.

Give me duct tape any day.

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #14  
Rox, you come up with the darnest subjects and make them interesting. Can I use the Camo Duct tape so I don't get laughed at while at work?

I am treating two warts on one finger with the Dr Scholls dual action freeze away. It's slow going but it is working. Film at 11.

I have also have had a plantar wart on the bottom of my foot for about 10-15 years. I'm going after that one next.

An interesting fact. About 2-3 years ago, I was injecting Interferon into myself once a week for 11 months. Interferon is an immune booster. All 3 warts went away until 6 months after finishing my HCV treatment, and then they came back. Oh well, at least the HCV is gone.

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal
How the heck does duct tape remove a wart???

The theroy is it jump starts your body's immune system to fight it. I have been duct taping for 3 days now and it is working. I have a definate tingling right ont he art that I can feel. It tingles/itches all the time. Not the surrounding but it seems like right on top of the wart. It is working.
Duct Tape, Emery Boards, and Warts - DrGreene.com
treating warts with duct tape - Google Search=

Davitk & Bird - Just by your descriptions of the burn methods I'm glad I'm not tryng that.

Bird (by the way what it your brothes name? Jsut kind of curious what your mammy and pappy named your brother(s)) When I got my needle injection right smack inside the wart in the center of my foot I was laying down on an examing table and the doctor below on one of those stools on wheels the doctor grabbed my foot with his left hand then I saw the huge long needle and watch him throw it or launch it like a javlin. As soon as it hit my foot I instinctively pulled it back which threw him off his balance on hsi stool. There were a few minutes of "Wait not yet" and "No not yet I'm not ready yet" until he tried again and that time he hit the target. And he jsut kept sticking that needle in deepr and deeper I thought it was going to go clear through my foot. I got so worked up the protective glasss I was wearing ot protect from the laser were 100% fogged up and I could not see out of them. That is how intense my body heated up with the needle in the foot routine. I will say the anistetic worked great I did not feel a thing while he cut out the wart. The doctor had said I could come back regularly for treatment of freezing it or I could go one time with the laser. He said they jsut got the laser over at the local orthapedic hospital and it sounded much more efficient to me and jsut to go once and have it done with. Wow! I'll never do that again if I can help it.

Sunspot- You msut have high tolerance of pain if you can go 10 to 15 years with a plantars wart. I went about 6 -9 months on the one I had lasered out. And it was really big wide across and very deep.

You can see in the first pic the wart is not that big as I no longer will ever let one get big again. Only on TBN do we look at pictures of warts on the bottom of a foot. Are we a crazy bunch or not. And I'm not sure who is more crazy me for takign the pic or you for looking at it :D I sure am going to try and accelerate this by getting some of the Freeze product Dargo posted.

I got sidracked reading another article on the internet about plantar warts and it says to duct tape a banana peel over the wart so I guess tomorrow I'll go out and buy bananas and take another picture. Potatoes, Bananas and Duct Tape - Uncovering the Facts on Childhood Warts - Nutrition and Health Articles - Preschoolers Today - page 2

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #16  
Rox, my brothers are Joe and Paul. But I got named after my maternal grandfather and never did know where he got the first name of Bird.:D And when I had that plantars wart removed, Paul (5 years younger than I) had one removed, also. It was quite an experience. The doctor inserted the needle for the anesthetic at an angle toward the bottom of the wart. No problem on mine, except for me trying to hold still, but he did the first injection in Paul's foot, then inserted the needle on the other side of the wart and when he pushed the plunger on the syringe, the medicine squirted right back out of the hole he'd made with the first injection. And the doctor who was wheelchair bound himself, laid the needle and syringe on a small table behind himself without noticing that it stuck out from the edge of the table, so later when he started to back up, he stuck himself with that needle, and let out a little yelp as he quickly moved forward again.

/ I'm using Duct tape for wart removal #17  
Warts are a fickle ailment. At least one small but well designed study, done by real dermatologists showed some benefit to duct tape.....which is pretty close to what all other studies have shown regarding all other wart remedies including freezing with liquid nitrogen, lasers, topical immune modulators, etc etc. Bottom line is, alot of things work so-so, nothing works well and in the end, most warts eventually go away on their own....but it can take many many years....I still have a plantar wart from childhood.

By the way, the warts on the bottom of the foot are 'plantar' warts, not planter's warts which is what most people call them. 'Plantar' is just an anatomical term that refers to the bottom of the foot. So a plantar wart is mostly just and indication of where it is. The vast majority of warts, including plantar warts are the same thing, the medical term for which is verucca vulgaris....lovely name for a lovely problem.

They are caused by a virus and they are contagious, but not wildly contagious. But, if you scratch one, and then scratch some where else, then you can get additional warts. A lot of dermatologist wear gloves if they touch them....but then they get to touch a lot of warts.

In some cultures, specifically Carribean and possibly Appalachian, a witch doctor or healer would 'talk' the warts away. Since many warts spontaneously resolve on their own "talking" them off was probably as effective as any other method.

As Rox mentioned, the key is the immune system. Most methods that work mostly just irritate the wart causing inflammation. The inflammatory response triggers an 'immune response' that destroys the wart. Freezing, lasers, gels, duct tape, etc do not 'kill' the wart or the virus....your body does, it just needs that inflammation to jump start things.