1/4 hose for toplink

/ 1/4 hose for toplink #1  

puckgrinder85

Platinum Member
Tractor
'13 Yanmar Lx4100
Anyone use 1/4 hose for a toplink over 3/8?" Im leaning to 1/4 for the size and minimal flow it will need, may be a bit of a restriction to slow down its movements. Anyone go this route with success?

/ 1/4 hose for toplink #2  
Anyone use 1/4 hose for a toplink over 3/8?" Im leaning to 1/4 for the size and minimal flow it will need, may be a bit of a restriction to slow down its movements. Anyone go this route with success?

1/4" hose is fine, it will not slow the use down that it makes any difference. I think that us suppliers of these premade hose kits use 3/8" hose because it is tougher than the 1/4" and therefore we as suppliers have fewer problems using 3/8" vs 1/4". You may find that you still want to get some restrictors to slow the ram down even more. ;)

/ 1/4 hose for toplink #3  
I went with 1/4 and it still can move a little too fast. (That might have something to do with my 500 PSI piloted check valve, though.)

/ 1/4 hose for toplink #4  
You can always add a needle valve and adjust it to your needs.

/ 1/4 hose for toplink #5  
I always recommend 1/4" or TnT setups and grapples. Cheaper, more flexible, easier to route=win, win, win.

/ 1/4 hose for toplink
Its not really a matter of cylinder speed, I just thought it might be a desirable side effect of going with the smaller hose. I just gotta make sure my supplier can go from 1/4 line to a -8 JIC fitting. If not i'll have to stick with the 3/8 hose.

/ 1/4 hose for toplink #7  
Strength of the hose has more to do with the quality of the hose you use, than the size. Hose comes in 1 wire braid, 2 wire braid or 4 wire. The more wires the stronger it is. Cheap 1/4" hose tends to be 1 wire and 3/8 tends to be 2 wire. As long as you get 2 wire hose, the 1/4" will be as strong as the 3/8" hose.

/ 1/4 hose for toplink #8  
Its not really a matter of cylinder speed, I just thought it might be a desirable side effect of going with the smaller hose. I just gotta make sure my supplier can go from 1/4 line to a -8 JIC fitting. If not i'll have to stick with the 3/8 hose.

That should not be a problem

/ 1/4 hose for toplink #9  
On a plow installation we found the lift/drop to be much too fast.
My solution was to install a male/female fitting that I welded shut and then bored a 3/32 hole thru the welded area.
Worked like a charm and cost, like $2.50 each!

/ 1/4 hose for toplink #10  
The restrictors for my 3 point backhoe were a small hole washer dropped in before the hose was screwed on.