1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand?

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #11  
Your local situation is really important.

Our nearest JD dealer is worthless. The Kubota, a little less so. Part of it is they rest on their laurels because so many people think they are better. Customer service is non-existent for small operations.

Remember, the high prices you pay up front are going to apply to parts and repairs, too. That's great if money isn't an issue.

If everything, except tractor features and quality were equal, I would get Yanmar. Their biggest HP is 59, so that may not work.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #12  
Your local situation is really important.

Our nearest JD dealer is worthless. The Kubota, a little less so. Part of it is they rest on their laurels because so many people think they are better. Customer service is non-existent for small operations.

Remember, the high prices you pay up front are going to apply to parts and repairs, too. That's great if money isn't an issue.

If everything, except tractor features and quality were equal, I would get Yanmar. Their biggest HP is 59, so that may not work.
All you said is true, but in mine experience JD uses way less parts.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #13  
Anecdotal evidence is useless to someone else. There is no statistical evidence that JD breaks more or less than anyone else.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #14  
Anecdotal evidence is useless to someone else. There is no statistical evidence that JD breaks more or less than anyone else.
completely agree

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #16  
Note that all tractors (and all motor vehicles too), share parts and have assemblies engineered by different companies. I have a Minhandra compact, it works, with no problems. But I found the backhoe was engineered by John Deere, and most of the tractor is the same as another brand.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #17  
JD & Kubota make great compacts, but I’d take a look at Massey Ferguson before you sign on the dotted line.

Agreed.

I’d also seriously consider Yanmar, Kioti and TYM (because I like Branson) ;)

Mike

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #18  
If I had to put money on it which of my tractors has the best shot at longevity it would be my restored 1953 Ford Jubilee.

I have others that are older but lack certain features…

Anything needed is available and this is not necessarily true for more modern iron.

The biggest bugaboo is when it comes to emission components that are often very specialized and once dropped they are either super expensive or plain not available… and this doesn’t include any programming that might be needed.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #20  
Never said there was statistical evidence, I just said in "mine experience". Who else has a tractor with 17090 hours and no major breakdown? Having said that, I wouldn't expect that from a newer model.