10’ Western Heavyweight conversion to Tractor front 3 point hitch ?

/ 10’ Western Heavyweight conversion to Tractor front 3 point hitch ? #41  
But when the plow trips, I've had them ''jump", actually rotate 2+' in the air. The T/L is (in my estimation) the recipient of most of these forces.
Anyway I'd rather waste a little flat bar if it's not necessary than have the drill the holes in a new piece of 3/4😆👍
We got 8.5" of white concrete since yesterday mid morning and it's still coming.

/ 10’ Western Heavyweight conversion to Tractor front 3 point hitch ?
You are surely right that a T/L is stronger. This would probably mostly apply when I am scraping with down pressure (the whole reason for the rigid upper link in the first place).
I would think in float, its not an issue, which will be 95% of the time.

:unsure:

/ 10’ Western Heavyweight conversion to Tractor front 3 point hitch ? #43  
Not sure I have a clear picture of how everything works on your application. I'm guessing there's a rigid toplink that will connect from teh tractor to the top of the A frame.

If there isn't anything preventing free upward movement of the whole assembly, the piece of flat bar from the A frame to the plow frame might be OK.

It sure looks like that piece of flat bar will get bent as soon as you try to use down pressure. With a tractor that heavy, it won't stand a chance.

Thanks Chimp

Here’s the plow hooked up to the tractor for the first time. Just a preliminary hook up. Still need to get longer hoses with pioneer couplers made this week. I pushed all the old plow fluid out of the cylinders.

1671305274164.jpeg

The front 3-point hitch has a float position just like a loader, so I don’t think the rigid top link will bend unless scraping. Even then I would think the tripping action of the moldboard and springs would protect the rigid link.

1671305319995.jpeg

This plow was made for class 6-8 dump trucks. The Massey weighs about 16,000lbs which is the same as my dump truck empty. The plow should be up to the task.

1671305640989.jpeg

Last edited:
Just add snow! 👍

I kind of threw this thing together as a backup for my primary plowing tractor (kubota to the right) and also with the anticipation that I might be doing some road plowing again soon. I took on an HOA with a farm and a resident currently plows the HOA roads. He has really underwhelming snow removal equipment and the HOA president has been hinting around to ask him to step aside and hire me to do the roads.