10,000 mile RAM 5500 report

/ 10,000 mile RAM 5500 report #11  
I have a 2019 Ram Limited 1500. Just crossed over 40K miles. It's like a luxury car with a bed. Heated and cooled seats both front and back, even the rear seats recline. Adjustable air ride suspension. Only complaint is I wish I would've went with 18" or 20" wheels instead of the 22". Cost around $2k to put new tires on it!

View attachment 692720

Nice truck...The wife's Escalade has 22" and I think my total on the tires was around $1400. Probably could have done slightly better but my tire guy said those were the best and it turned out he was right.

/ 10,000 mile RAM 5500 report #12  
Nice truck...The wife's Escalade has 22" and I think my total on the tires was around $1400. Probably could have done slightly better but my tire guy said those were the best and it turned out he was right.
Yeah I could've went cheaper on the tires but I wanted something with more sidewall. The stock tires are 285/45/22 and I went with 285/50/22. Options are limited with that size so I ended up with Nitto Terragrapplers which I've had in the past and been very happy with.

/ 10,000 mile RAM 5500 report #13  
Well, I must be spoiled. I would not be ecstatic about a new vehicle with 10k trouble free miles....but then again you have had a couple of minor hiccups, so I suppose for a Dodge that is excellent. Lol

I had a temperature sensor go at about 45k miles on one of the F150’s and was a bit perturbed about it. The other has 151k on it. Bought it with 134k on the clock. 17k uneventful miles.

/ 10,000 mile RAM 5500 report
Well, I must be spoiled. I would not be ecstatic about a new vehicle with 10k trouble free miles....but then again you have had a couple of minor hiccups, so I suppose for a Dodge that is excellent. Lol

I had a temperature sensor go at about 45k miles on one of the F150’s and was a bit perturbed about it. The other has 151k on it. Bought it with 134k on the clock. 17k uneventful miles.

Never said I was "ecstatic" ??? I said I was giving a first 10,000 mile report. Will probably do another at 25,000.
Was trying to be helpful to those considering buying a new truck.
Fully expect problems to occur. More so as the miles pile up.

By the way, it hasn't been "Dodge" for 3 model years. Might want to brush up on the modern era. lol
Much better than previous Ford, too.

/ 10,000 mile RAM 5500 report #16  
I traded my '08 F-550 crew cab 4WD with 6.4L diesel in on my '20 Ram. The Ford had 181,000 miles on it and its lifetime fuel economy was 10.1 MPG under the same driving conditions.
The Ram is much more powerful and gets almost 40% better fuel economy.

While gas engines improved, so did diesel engines. They got much more powerful and much more efficient.

I see no reason why I wont be at 15MPG or more once it gets about 25,000 miles on it.
Does yours have the CP4 HPFP? Have been hearing about some problems with the CP4, they went back to the CP3 in '21.

I've been looking at a '21 5500 similar to yours but in the tradesman trim(and no bed yet). Just can't justify getting one right now).
So far my 2500 has handled everything I've towed, even when I accidentally put aboit 18k worth of clay in my tag dump trailer, oops.

/ 10,000 mile RAM 5500 report
Does yours have the CP4 HPFP? Have been hearing about some problems with the CP4, they went back to the CP3 in '21.

I've been looking at a '21 5500 similar to yours but in the tradesman trim(and no bed yet). Just can't justify getting one right now).
So far my 2500 has handled everything I've towed, even when I accidentally put aboit 18k worth of clay in my tag dump trailer, oops.

Yep, thanks for reminding me. Cant win em all lol

/ 10,000 mile RAM 5500 report #18  
Yep, thanks for reminding me. Cant win em all lol
I believe there is a recall for them, its typically a as-failure recall, but if you bring it to their attention I believe they will replace it (cheaper for them to warranty it now then when it takes out all the injectors with it).

/ 10,000 mile RAM 5500 report #19  
I have a 2019 Ram Limited 1500. Just crossed over 40K miles. It's like a luxury car with a bed. Heated and cooled seats both front and back, even the rear seats recline. Adjustable air ride suspension. Only complaint is I wish I would've went with 18" or 20" wheels instead of the 22". Cost around $2k to put new tires on it!

View attachment 692720
Neighbor makes his living towing a 22 box trailer up and down the state.

Owned Ford, GMC and Dodge with the old 98 Excursion being super reliable and later Ford and GMC mechanical issues...

So far loves the big Dodge Diesel... Reliable and Luxury...

Only regret is NOT getting the larger rims... go figure?

/ 10,000 mile RAM 5500 report #20  
I switched from Ford to a Ram Cummins high output and so far at 45,000 miles an loving it. My 06 F250 was more reliable than my 12 which was just stupid little stuff constantly failing. I decided to tray a Ram this go around for the farm and so far I'm impressed. I have owned 10+ Ford's so was a pretty diehard Ford guy until recent quality downturn. Delete it and those MPGs will get even better.