$1000 Coolant Change

/ $1000 Coolant Change #51  
Ok, so "assuming" that the A/F used here was ethylene glycol based then the participate must be from a foreign material being introduced into the cooling system. A blown head gasket would be my guess or someone introduced something. The lab analysis would tell what was going on.
Fleet charge probably doesn't make their own A/F and buys it from a formulator/bottler (hopefully not from China) who either uses fleet's formula or their own with a customer spec'd dye. In reality, there could be a few formulators for any given brand for the same year.

/ $1000 Coolant Change #52  
It's also possible that there was a labeling error, although that happening is very unlikely. The one thing that makes me think there's an engine problem is that the OP used the same brand as before, PLUS he flushed the system until clear water was present.

If you mixed the two antifreeze types half and half, I'd say you'd have a serious problem. In this case, there would have been very little if any of the original coolant left in the system. You might see a few traces of odd looking coolant, not the crud he's described.

Sean

/ $1000 Coolant Change #53  
There is another possibility, the OP mixed coolants by accident. I've done silly stuff before also.

/ $1000 Coolant Change #54  
There is another possibility, the OP mixed coolants by accident. I've done silly stuff before also.

There are probably some threads on TBN titled...."Done My Dumbest Stuff Today".:confused3:

/ $1000 Coolant Change #55  
I ended up familiarizing myself with all these coolant differences not long ago when I R&R the water pump in my Dodge Durango after it started leaking. The kid at the auto parts counter insisted I take a one size fits all mixture when my owners manual clearly stated the Chrysler orange HOAT and to use no other formulation. This is all everybody uses he kept insisting. I had to get a manger he understood and they had to order the right stuff as they didn't stock it either.

There is so much about this out on the web

/ $1000 Coolant Change #56  
This whole thread makes my head hurt...
The op could not have been more careful, flush with distilled water and simple coolant replacement with same stuff causes problems:

$1000 repair required because radiator cannot be cleaned
maybe entire engine messed up
so many different kinds of antifreeze...mix em and you are messed up...or not ... amazing rainbow coolant colors...
the universal antifreeze doesn't work always
can't trust auto parts house salesmen
can't do what everybody else does
labels cannot be trusted
oill, or fuel or exhaust can get in your radiator
concentrations can be too high
draining coolant doesn't drain but maybe half of it.
coconut fiber can be in antifreeze
Even Chrysler has the problem...and dealers don't understand it..

As my grandmother said, "what's a body to do?"

/ $1000 Coolant Change #57  
I think I seen a program once, where they showed Kubota plants pouring a "stop leak"
solution in the rads at the assembly plants as a safety precaution.
This one may have gotten a little too much.
I think the OP did everything normal, something else is at play here.

/ $1000 Coolant Change #58  
I think I seen a program once, where they showed Kubota plants pouring a "stop leak"
solution in the rads at the assembly plants as a safety precaution.
This one may have gotten a little too much.
I think the OP did everything normal, something else is at play here.
Except that this wasn't the OEM coolant, this was at least the 2nd coolant change (per the OP).

Aaron Z

/ $1000 Coolant Change #59  
OP: any idea when you'll have the results? this one's got my very curious!