1026R Has Finally Arrived, First Impression

/ 1026R Has Finally Arrived, First Impression #11  
Deck DEFINITELY moves on concrete, my salesman had all kinds of issues trying to demonstrate it for me. I have found that taking it on/off on grass or dirt is best. That way you are not pushing the deck all across you driveway or garage. It takes some finesse to get the auto connect down. It is waaaaaay better than taking a deck off "the old fashioned way", but I feel like the Deere promo videos and literature make it out to be this amazing, work every time, just drive on it and you're good miracle product. I am happy I got the auto connect, just don't know if it lives up to the hype

/ 1026R Has Finally Arrived, First Impression
Well, it's home, attached are a few pictures, sorry the quality is not good, it was starting to rain so I had to hurry, will post more in a few days. If there is any particular view or shot you would like, let me know and I will try and get if for you

Attachments

• DSCN1959.jpg
    DSCN1959.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 1,331
  • DSCN1958.jpg
    DSCN1958.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 597
  • DSCN1946.jpg
    DSCN1946.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 648
   / 1026R Has Finally Arrived, First Impression #13  
Congratulations Oldman! As far as removing or attaching the autoconnect on concrete, I haven't had any real problems. I have experienced little sliding while doing both. As long as I'm in 4wd, line it up straight & take it slow, it works like a charm.

/ 1026R Has Finally Arrived, First Impression #14  
I think the design team that was in charge of the appearance of the new 1026r did a great job. It's a sharp looking tractor. I have an X748 and had an X595 before that and while I think they are great functional tractors they are about the ugliest tractor on the market.

That front grill look goes back to the old Sabre series that Deere created to compete against the store tractors. From the side and the back its pretty good but the hood design and that grill would make the AMC Pacer design team proud.

I sat on a 1026r at the Minnesota State fair and thought it was an impressive tractor. I need to drive one before I consider trading up from the X748. But it sounds like Deere has a potential winner here.

/ 1026R Has Finally Arrived, First Impression #15  
In my initial comments one thing I forgot to mention was a statement by the technician who was sitting my tractor up, "He told me to always place the PTO selector in the REAR PTO position when connecting and disconnecting the deck, he said this allows the mid PTO to spin freely and allows the male/female splines to free wheel and mesh."

OldMan

Great info and Thx! I haven't got my MMM attached yet....going later this week but this info is likely very helpful!
Have been enjoying the FEL and the tilller so far....The tractor is great and very solid feeling all round!

Cheers