Mowing 1026R Wheel Spacers?

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers? #11  
Update from Bro-Tek...........

"You are correct in your statements, we have since sold many more of these & we now supply the M12 bolts (see attach photos)
The spaces will be the 7/16, but everything bolts up with the supplied lug bolts."

And so - it seems Bro-Tek has updated the Deere Model 2305 Tractor Rear Wheel Spacer Kit for the 1000 Series Tractor to include the correct wheel bolts (M12 instead 7/16" on the 2305).

I'm placing my order!

Good to know and you can't beat the customer support. I've bought quite a bit from them.

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers?
Will a 7/16" spacer make any difference? That will increase overall tire width less than 1"

I'm positive what Richard meant by "The space(r)s will be the 7/16" is the design of the spacers themselves is based on the discontinued Deere 2305 SCUT tractor. This means the spacer attachment through-hole was sized for the 7/16 inch diameter lug bolt used on that tractor.

7/16" = 0.4375"

The replacement tractor, Deere 1000 Series, requires a 12mm diameter lug bolt, with a through-hole sized for it.

12mm = 0.4724409"

So the through-hole for the new tractor should be 0.4724409" - 0.4375" = 0.0349409" larger diameter. But it is not. Richard's note says the 12mm dia. bolts will fit through the smaller 7/16" diameter bolt's through-hole.

Make sense now? :confused:

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers?
I got a tilt meter too.......... Tilt Meter.jpg

No more dicey mowing this year!!

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers? #15  
I'm positive what Richard meant by "The space(r)s will be the 7/16" is the design of the spacers themselves is based on the discontinued Deere 2305 SCUT tractor. This means the spacer attachment through-hole was sized for the 7/16 inch diameter lug bolt used on that tractor.

7/16" = 0.4375"

The replacement tractor, Deere 1000 Series, requires a 12mm diameter lug bolt, with a through-hole sized for it.

12mm = 0.4724409"

So the through-hole for the new tractor should be 0.4724409" - 0.4375" = 0.0349409" larger diameter. But it is not. Richard's note says the 12mm dia. bolts will fit through the smaller 7/16" diameter bolt's through-hole.

Make sense now? :confused:

Yep, makes sense. So how wide are they? I'd like to get just a little wider stance.

I got a tilt meter too..........View attachment 367740

No more dicey mowing this year!!

Where do you plan to mount it? Looks like a nice meter.

By the way, did you ever get the seat springs installed?

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers?
I had to paint the seat springs, first - they were raw steel. I just finished putting the final enamel paint coat on them, so likely will install next weekend. :D

I have been eyeballing where the tiltmeter best fits - it is a lot larger than I expected. It can't have any tilt front-to-back angle on it when installing as this could negate tilt bubble movement on some slopes. This limits install locations. I have boiled it down to 2 locations - just below or forward of steering column. Haven't decided yet. btw, the tiltmeter is advertised on TBN home page, sold in TBN "Store" menu.

Final topic - the rear wheel spacers. Richard says they are 1.5 inches thick. TBN Member said Deere 1000 series tractors need 1-3/16" spacers, the extra 1/16" thickness 'can' interefere with 60" MMM gauge wheel bracket. We shall see, spacers have not shipped yet.

I guess I should take some photos. I haven't thought to as I am also busy re-finishing my transport trailer and am frequently covered in dirt & metal filings. :eek:

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers?
*AAAUGGGHHH!!!!* :pullinghair::yell::grumpy::duh::banghead::hissyfit:

Deere listed both types of lug bolt heads in their parts catalogue.......ball/spherical and cone. So dummy me PRESUMES either will work. Well, since NOBODY carries hardly any M12x1.25 ultra-fine thread lug bolts to begin with, NONE of them carry them in ball/spherical head. So I got the cone head.

I go out to work on tractor - and there in the tractor from the factory are BALL head lug bolts! You've GOT to be kidding me!

My Deere Dealer scrounged around for warehouse stock of discontinued longer bolt LVU19960, nothing. I mean really - WTF are these people doing spec'ing out some ultra-weird bolt diameter/thread pitch/head combination?

I'm stuck.

Crickey!!!!!

:hypnodisk:

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers? #19  
*AAAUGGGHHH!!!!* :pullinghair::yell::grumpy::duh::banghead::hissyfit:

Deere listed both types of lug bolt heads in their parts catalogue.......ball/spherical and cone. So dummy me PRESUMES either will work. Well, since NOBODY carries hardly any M12x1.25 ultra-fine thread lug bolts to begin with, NONE of them carry them in ball/spherical head. So I got the cone head.

I go out to work on tractor - and there in the tractor from the factory are BALL head lug bolts! You've GOT to be kidding me!

My Deere Dealer scrounged around for warehouse stock of discontinued longer bolt LVU19960, nothing. I mean really - WTF are these people doing spec'ing out some ultra-weird bolt diameter/thread pitch/head combination?

I'm stuck.

Crickey!!!!!

:hypnodisk:

Where did you see the lug bolts at Deere parts? I looked and couldn't find any, then had my dealer look and he couldn't find any. I ended up ordering some expensive hex bolts and used regular car lug nuts of the appropriate hardness. I thought about trying the lug bolts in your link up above, but wasn't sure on the quality of them.

/ 1026R Wheel Spacers?
I need to check with Richard - he said they did, but if I can not find them on the open market from some of the largest suppliers in the world, in addition to specialty market suppliers, I doubt he has the right ones.

I suspect he has cone seat, not ball seat as required. They are not substituable - The surface clamp areas are completely different.