1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics
You can usually drain the hyd tank, pull the screen, and run some diesel through it to get the worst of it out. There may also be a screw on filter in the line between the sump and pump. I believe the lines are on the right side and run under the platform.

could you help me find out the screen is in relation to the filter in this picture?
photo (3).JPG

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #32  
I think under that cover where those three screws are. Mix some diesel with atf and run till hot then dump clean screen with diesel and fill.

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #33  
The round part of the casting with the drain plug. Should access from the opposite side of the tractor from the pic. Open the drain plug first, allow to drain, then remove the 2-3 bolts holding the cover, followed by the screen. Then remove the drain plug farther to the rear, then replace the screw on filter in the pic. Make sure you clean the screen from the inside out to push debris out. And BE CAREFUL not to damage the screen since even the cheap places think the thing is made of gold. If you need parts check hoye listed under the yanmar section, much cheaper than JD. I think the 1050 is either a yanmar ym3300 or 3600. The 1st 2 digits are the Pto HP and look under d models if you need 4wd parts.

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #34  
The spin on was an option in addition to the screen. The 850, 950, and 1050 are almost identical other than a few engine parts/hp and use the same manuals. My service manual is about 45 min away and I'm not going that way any time soon or I could send an e-copy of the service manual. The access plate should be on the left side of the tractor below and in front of the brake housing. Drain first using the drain plug and be careful about the o-ring that should be there. The screen is probably clogged if you have water in the fluid.

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics
Thank you everyone, medic0648 and jj and everyone who gave me great advice. You were all a huge help and saved me a major headache.