110 TLB height?

/ 110 TLB height? #1  

ChrisNJ

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4310 e-hydro
Trying to plan ahead. Building a new barn and need the the TLB 100 canopy height since it's not foldable, to make sure i get the right door. I will have plenty of door and plenty of height on my 14' door, but the shop area will be 2 stories, so door height is issue. Shop can only be 8-10' ceiling max, and will be heated. tractor can stay in the non-heated 14' door area no problem, but would be nice to be able to bring it in the heated shop to work on it if necc. and this is all assuming i get a 110, still high on the fence, and waiting on another neighor to see if were gonna split a mid size excavator.

/ 110 TLB height? #2  
Chris ,
I orderd a 110TLb should arrive in Feb, I hope. But, the dealer had one for a customer and I had the same concern you did . The spec sheets I think claim the canopy height is 98 inches. What I measered was roughly 8'4" - 8'6''. The spec sheet claim the hoe transport at 8'8'' I think, that is in full upright position . MY doors are 8' at my house :eek: . The only way I will be able to resolve this issue is store my machine at my shop accross town or build one. :rolleyes: I explained this to my business partner in life, (wife)and why I must build THE 60X60 garage. She said do what you want, Iknow this is going to cost me this summer ,my daughter is just starting to talk and some of the words are Dad, Mom and swimming pool. :confused:
Macdabs

/ 110 TLB height? #3  
Macdabs , you have not taught her to say JD yet ,
what this all about.....:confused:
She should atleast be able to say TBL by now...:D

I know where your comeing from. The L39 i am looking at
is about the same height as a 110. and it wont fit in my garage eather..:(
I have a 9 foot carport it would have to stay in , til i add on the the garage.
and even then , I still think i will haft to lower the boom on the hoe a bit , to
get it in there.

Chris...:)

/ 110 TLB height?
Wow, that sucks. Miss a 8' door by inches and get to build a new barn! JD should have put it just under. And I guess we can't cut and weld them without the lawyers getting in the way. I think mine will work if I make the inside 10 and the door opening 9. Takes away upper clearance but I think I can do it if I make it a scissor truss, top floor ceiling would go from 5' on the sides to 9' in the middle over 48' long. Not sure. Need that extra foot.

/ 110 TLB height? #5  
Dont worry about the roof of the tractor. just watch that boom
on the hoe. its taller than the roof. what ever that boom hits.
is comeing to the ground. it would not be forgiveing , on
a machine that size....:D
I just bumped my roof with my little 2520 ideling and squeshed
the gutter flat as a pancake. just think what a 110 would do,
can you say major roof repair...:)

Chris..:)

/ 110 TLB height? #6  
My operator's manual lists the "transport height" of the backhoe as 107.3"

Darned close to 9'.

I know I specified my garage door opening as 10' because there is a tendency for garage door folks to cheat a little bit. If the opening is 10' high, the door itself will sometimes not open to the full 10' height. Or, there might be an inch of weatherstripping at the top. Or, the garage floor might end up an inch higher than planned.

Anyway, mine fits in the 10' door with no problem and no anxious moments.

Be sure to get the skid plate. There are a lot of very vulnerable looking hydraulics under the machine.

I saw that tip on TBN before I got mine and the salesman at the dealership questioned whether I needed a skid plate when I mentioned it. I told him to look under the machine and when he stood up, he not only said I needed it, he would recommended it to all of his customers.

/ 110 TLB height? #7  
I too am designing a barn in which I plan to store my 110. I was going over the drawings and checking things when I realized there is a beacon light on the roof which increases the height by several inches. I suspect the 9' door I had planned on might not be high enough.

/ 110 TLB height? #8  
It takes a 10’ door to get my 310 through it and that’s with the boom lowered. I expect a 110 would fit through a 9’.

/ 110 TLB height? #9  
Low clearance is a huge pain in the ***. I raised my garage door years ago by a few inches, all I could get. Now, putting a bar light on the roof of my Mule along with bigger tires and a lift kit, I realized, once again it won't fit into the garage! Not the end of the world, but it limits my parking options. I went with 12 foot walls on my driveshed and can just barely get some of my stuff in there, but so far, so good. Go higher than you think you need!