110V Electrical Question

/ 110V Electrical Question #101  
Blueriver, this is a great story. Imagine someone not nearly as savvy as yourself having to deal with this. It would have cost them a BUNCH of money and they would not have known any better. I'm glad you used the advice of the TBN brain trust and things have turned out so well. Your power company surely seems to be top notch too. Of course, this had to happen on the coldest day in years in OK, but nobody gets the best of Mr. Murphy.;)

/ 110V Electrical Question #102  
As near as I can figure, Blueriver was in the middle of the ice belt that blew through on Tuesday. Single digits even still today.

/ 110V Electrical Question
Blueriver, this is a great story. Imagine someone not nearly as savvy as yourself having to deal with this. It would have cost them a BUNCH of money and they would not have known any better. I'm glad you used the advice of the TBN brain trust and things have turned out so well. Your power company surely seems to be top notch too. Of course, this had to happen on the coldest day in years in OK, but nobody gets the best of Mr. Murphy.;)

Jim ... The power company simply is amazing. No matter what time or what conditions they come out ... I am wondering what an electrician would have charged for that cold afternoons work (Ya know a real one!)

And thats just another thumbs up for the TBN brain trust !!

Today On top of all the already bad conditions ... 5" of fresh snow ... go fiqure.

As near as I can figure, Blueriver was in the middle of the ice belt that blew through on Tuesday. Single digits even still today.

You still owe me an answer .... do you have a shop on Hwy 48 ???

/ 110V Electrical Question #105  
BTW, how are the baby chicks doing? Isn't that what started all this?
...or at least the need to address the power issue?

BTW, how are the baby chicks doing? Isn't that what started all this?
...or at least the need to address the power issue?

Yes that is exactly what had us address the power issue ... they sent 104 pullets and only lost ONE !!

They will be 30 days old tomorrow. Have been moved out of the small pens in the shop to the chicken barn (Shop smells a whole lot better !!)

/ 110V Electrical Question #107  
Today On top of all the already bad conditions ... 5" of fresh snow ... go fiqure.

I'm only one county away from the Red River and I have 3-1/2" to 4" of fresh snow here too. Even so, it's nothing like OK got. All I keep hearing on the news is that I35 between OK City and the Red River is treacherous. Be safe!

/ 110V Electrical Question #108  
Yes that is exactly what had us address the power issue ... they sent 104 pullets and only lost ONE !!

They will be 30 days old tomorrow. Have been moved out of the small pens in the shop to the chicken barn (Shop smells a whole lot better !!)

Glad to hear they are doing well. I'm sure this current weather has been making it a challenge.

104 pullets? Hmm... hope you like eggs and chicken.:laughing:

You asked about the cost to have an electrician replace the panel and meter. I would expect labor to have been between $300 and $500. I'm looking forward to seeing pix of both the temporary and permanent work.:thumbsup:

I'm only one county away from the Red River and I have 3-1/2" to 4" of fresh snow here too. Even so, it's nothing like OK got. All I keep hearing on the news is that I35 between OK City and the Red River is treacherous. Be safe!

It is not very nice ... I have 100 head of cows 6 miles from the house that I feed... yesterday took hay and cubes over ... the back roads have been driven on and compacted to the point of about a solid sheet of ice ... slow going and 4 wheel drive.

Last edited:
   / 110V Electrical Question #110  

Jim,
Have you done a thread on your place with the snow? I've been hoping someone would start one on the Texas snow, but haven't noticed one.