110V Electrical Question

/ 110V Electrical Question
Don't ask me how the decision was made because I was late meeting with them ... I was told that all checked out except the panel itself ??? Anyway...new panel with main disconnect and new breakers are being installed tomorrow ... was guaranteed all will be 100% when done.

/ 110V Electrical Question #82  
Don't ask me how the decision was made because I was late meeting with them ... I was told that all checked out except the panel itself ??? Anyway...new panel with main disconnect and new breakers are being installed tomorrow ... was guaranteed all will be 100% when done.

BTDT.:laughing:

Type of panel? Price?

Cutler Hammer ... $375 I think thats fair, will have a main disconnect.. a 50 amp for my welder 2 - 20 amps for my lights and outlets ... 30 amp for my well and extra room for the future.

/ 110V Electrical Question #84  
Cutler Hammer is a good make of panel, that is probably the panel that is commonly stocked in your area.
Craig Clayton

/ 110V Electrical Question #85  
...new panel with main disconnect and new breakers are being installed tomorrow ... was guaranteed all will be 100% when done.

Good choice. You'll be happy with the results.

Since a panel is a simple device and easy to troubleshoot, it sounds a little like throwing parts at a problem. I agree with a replacement, but it would be nice to see an actual cause. You might want to cross your fingers just in case.....

Throwing parts at the problem ... keep reading!!

Something struck me today as being odd ... I re read this entire post and I thought ya know a lot of good advise and I really do not know how the trouble shooting was done by the Electrician .... so about 4:30 P.M. I called the power company.

The lady explained everyone had gone home and then asked what is the problem ... I explained the lack of power for the years that I have owned this place and she said a crew is on the way !! I asked if there would be a service charge ... no if its on our end .. yes if its on your end. They arrived at about 5:15 made a couple meter readings and then proceeded to tell me they needed to change out the transformer ... they did ... as well they took a wire brush to all the meter terminals, tightened all the lugs AND BANG !!!! FULL POWER the way it should be!! (They also put their meter on eveything inside)

So ... I also decided that because I had already made the agreement to put in the new panel and breakers that I will also do that. I sent the Electrican Home and told him to come back in a couple days and update all that stuff ... Full power is GOOD!!!!!

The 2 heat lamps are as bright as can be ... even with a saw running!!!!!!

/ 110V Electrical Question #89  
Something struck me today as being odd ... I re read this entire post and I thought ya know a lot of good advise and I really do not know how the trouble shooting was done by the Electrician .... so about 4:30 P.M. I called the power company.

The lady explained everyone had gone home and then asked what is the problem ... I explained the lack of power for the years that I have owned this place and she said a crew is on the way !! I asked if there would be a service charge ... no if its on our end .. yes if its on your end. They arrived at about 5:15 made a couple meter readings and then proceeded to tell me they needed to change out the transformer ... they did ... as well they took a wire brush to all the meter terminals, tightened all the lugs AND BANG !!!! FULL POWER the way it should be!! (They also put their meter on eveything inside)

So ... I also decided that because I had already made the agreement to put in the new panel and breakers that I will also do that. I sent the Electrican Home and told him to come back in a couple days and update all that stuff ... Full power is GOOD!!!!!

The 2 heat lamps are as bright as can be ... even with a saw running!!!!!!

Well, you did have three electricians say that they would expect to find the issue outside (ahead of) the panel.:D

Upgrading is a good choice. You'll have a better product in the end.:thumbsup:

Well, you did have three electricians say that they would expect to find the issue outside (ahead of) the panel.:D

Upgrading is a good choice. You'll have a better product in the end.:thumbsup:

Excatly ... thats why I re read this and called the Power Company ... Great advise and thanks !!!