12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #111  
Dang !!!, I need to quit whinning. Here in ArKansas I pay property tax (house and land) each year and personal property tax (which means cars). Both of those taxes together comes to about $375 each year for me. Sales tax is a separate one time tax for the vehicle. The bad thing is if I sell a car then that person pays sales tax and he sells it then the next person pays sales etc, what a rip off that is.
Missouri is the same regarding sales tax on the vehicle.

The property tax part cannot be accurately discussed in dollar amounts. It must be discussed in tax rate. For example we pay $700 p/month in property taxes. Does that tell you anything? Nope.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!
I bet owning a farm in Florida would “tax out” pretty good. Land still fairly affordable and plentiful.
No sales tax
No state tax
Low property taxes
Farm exemption on land
Farm year around.

Sounds like a beautiful thing to me.

I have a nephew moving there after he retires for that reason.

RSKY

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #114  
Missouri is the same regarding sales tax on the vehicle.

The property tax part cannot be accurately discussed in dollar amounts. It must be discussed in tax rate. For example we pay $700 p/month in property taxes. Does that tell you anything? Nope.
My property taxes were $950/ year.

Personal property tax was $225. It was over $500 this year

They realized they had an issue with their computer calculating millage. So they decided to make up for it in one shot 🫣🫣🫣

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #115  
Dang !!!, I need to quit whinning. Here in ArKansas I pay property tax (house and land) each year and personal property tax (which means cars). Both of those taxes together comes to about $375 each year for me. Sales tax is a separate one time tax for the vehicle. The bad thing is if I sell a car then that person pays sales tax and he sells it then the next person pays sales etc, what a rip off that is.

I need to move! Property Tax in my town is $33 per $1000. So a $350,000 house is valued at 70% for tax purposes, and would be $8,085 in taxes per year. That's why people in CT were not happy that the Federal deduction on taxes was limited to $10K. Between a 7% income tax, 7% sales tax and property tax, you hit $10K pretty quickly!

Last year CT almost enacted a sales tax on cars to the seller as well as the buyer! Needless to say, I will be moving when I retire.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #116  
My property taxes were $950/ year.

Personal property tax was $225. It was over $500 this year

They realized they had an issue with their computer calculating millage. So they decided to make up for it in one shot 🫣🫣🫣
Are you taking advantage of the Homestead Act which $375 is taken off the property tax total each and every year ?

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #117  
Are you taking advantage of the Homestead Act which $375 is taken off the property tax total each and every year ?
Yes, I was. Had to fight with my mortgage company over the escrow account. The first year, they tried to pay the whole amount. Had to file the paperwork three separate times with the county. County kept losing it. The last time I filed, I demanded that they scan the paperwork into the system right then and there. I had copies showing the 2 other times I filed it.

Sold the house last year and renting currently.

Bought frustrated as he!! with the housing market at the moment. As soon as I can find some unrestricted property that's not on a Cliffside or Swamp, I'll get it and drop a bloody camper on it till we can build.

These people around here are polishing up turds and demanding premium prices for them.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #118  
I’m paying $17,000/year prop taxes, 6% PA sales tax, 3.07% PA state income tax, 1/2% township tax and the 2nd highest fuel taxes in the country. :love:

Little improvement in PA to show for all those taxes. Just state workers leaning on shovels or driving around in $150,000 yellow dump trucks loaded to the gills.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #119  
Yes, I was. Had to fight with my mortgage company over the escrow account. The first year, they tried to pay the whole amount. Had to file the paperwork three separate times with the county. County kept losing it. The last time I filed, I demanded that they scan the paperwork into the system right then and there. I had copies showing the 2 other times I filed it.

Sold the house last year and renting currently.

Bought frustrated as he!! with the housing market at the moment. As soon as I can find some unrestricted property that's not on a Cliffside or Swamp, I'll get it and drop a bloody camper on it till we can build.

These people around here are polishing up turds and demanding premium prices for them.
For the past 4-5 years if you want to sell your real estate you don't need a realtor. You don't even need to put up a sign. Just spread the word among friends. 4 years ago we sold 20 acres with a house and a nice finished shop. Large farmer friend of mine said don't tell anyone until you are serious or you'll be living on the street. Taking his advice in February we spread the word among family. 4 people contacted us within a couple days. The 4th bought it at 15% above appraised value.

My Son is relocating to Indiana. He had a very nice 20 acre property, great location, older remodeled house and new shop. Sold it for his asking price with one phone call to a potential buyer. He's now scurrying to get his stuff moved into a milvan and have it hauled to Indiana.

Winter usually causes a slow down and this year is no exception. But good property is still selling hot. Farm land has went down a little but still not on the market long. No evidence of a recession yet.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #120  
For the past 4-5 years if you want to sell your real estate you don't need a realtor. You don't even need to put up a sign. Just spread the word among friends. 4 years ago we sold 20 acres with a house and a nice finished shop. Large farmer friend of mine said don't tell anyone until you are serious or you'll be living on the street. Taking his advice in February we spread the word among family. 4 people contacted us within a couple days. The 4th bought it at 15% above appraised value.
You've never "needed" a realtor to sell property, it's just that it's a lot easier for someone who doesn't know the ropes to use one. I'm sure I'm not the only one here to have bought property in a private sale.

Yes real estate is a seller's market right now, though not to the extent it was a couple years ago. At some point the pendulum will swing the other way, it always does.
I was talking to a guy at the Ford dealership a year or so ago that was looking to by a new work truck , he said all those trucks that were sitting wait for chips were destroyed. He claimed that was true for all the manufacturers. They wrote them off, didn't have to discount anything, and didn't have to lose new sales to year old discounted ones. Makes sense.
Define "destroyed". Maybe on paper, but trucks don't change all that much from one model year to the next, would make more sense to issue a new VIN and resell as the current year's model.