12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #23  
If you have a compressor, you do. Since the air we breathe has almost 80% nitrogen. That's why nitrogen filled tires are a dealer rip-off. It would only make a real difference if you regularly traveled 120+mph or raced.
Ha, yes I have an air compressor. And I drive somewhat around the speed limit and not like Mark Martin at Daytona, lol. It just irked me to add on a cost for nitrogen in the tires. But I wanted the truck, so there you have it. I’ve worked hard my whole life and just retired and wanted a new truck. Hopefully I didn’t get a lemon and will drive it for several decades or until they plant me in the ground. The 2022 Tacoma Limited was $44,000. I wrote the check and went on my way.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #24  
Nitrogen due to the way its made has a lot less water in it than compressed air from a well maintained system. Water's vapor pressure increases as it heats up, so the pressure variation between cold and warm tires is increased. That's the big advantage I have seen touted. The other of course is the increase to the dealer's bottom line. I run air in my tires, including on the performance car.

I think Toyota just came out with a new model Sequoia. I could see there being a wait list for that, especially since they discontinued the Land Cruiser so there's only one full size SUV in their lineup. Manufacturers have learned from the rollout of the new model Corvette and Bronco that they need to limit production on new models to make people irrational the dealers can charge well over MSRP.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!
There aren’t any used vehicles?

There are no used vehicles around here. At least what they are looking for. One friend of theirs deals in used vehicles. He can get them a used GM large SUV but told them he wouldn't sell them one. Don't know why but he said to avoid them. Around here the market for larger used SUVs is dry. None for sale unless high milage or wrecked and repaired. They have looked. Also this youngest daughter of mine feels that she must uphold a certain 'macho image' for her job. That is why she had the "tough looking" 4Runner instead of the more practical smoother riding, better gas mileage, more maneuverable Highlander. Her ideal vehicle would be a cross between a Hummer and a Corvette with ring mounted machine gun on the top. As long as it had anchors for the child seats. I tell her she is using her car to make up for being so short.

Other daughter is happy with her minivan and says she will never have anything else as long as she has kids. She does have a point about that. I once set mouse traps in a previous vehicle because a mouse was living off the scraps the grands were dropping on the floor. Caught the sucker too. Had to de-mouse the vehicle because the kids were going to name it.

RSKY

I worked for three different tire manufacturers. I have asked tire engineers about using nitrogen in the tires. All said it was a sales gimmick. Unless your were running at high speeds for an extended amount of time it would not do your tires any good. I imagine that in Europe with the no-speedlimet highways it might be helpful.

RSKY

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #27  
Nitrogen due to the way its made has a lot less water in it than compressed air from a well maintained system. Water's vapor pressure increases as it heats up, so the pressure variation between cold and warm tires is increased. That's the big advantage I have seen touted. The other of course is the increase to the dealer's bottom line. I run air in my tires, including on the performance car.
^This. There is a difference, but it is irrelevant unless you are a race car driver. Nitrogen is just an easy way to get totally dry air, with no moisture in it, as the moisture causes much bigger swings in pressure over the temp range of tires on the track than totally dry air would. Other than racing, it is just hype and a money sucking scam.

Had a friend get asked once if he wanted nitrogen in his tires and he said "Nah. I'll just take the regular 80/20 blend" The service writer gave him a very dumb look while trying to figure that one out!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #28  
Her ideal vehicle would be a cross between a Hummer and a Corvette with ring mounted machine gun on the top.
I like it. Who is offering those options? :D

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #29  
My youngest daughter is needing a new vehicle because the one she has now, a Toyota 4Runner, does not meet her family's new requirements. Their vehicle requirements have changed because they are expecting a third child and they have a tractor that needs to be trailered forty miles to her husband's mother's farm. The tractor and loader weigh around 4000 pounds. So after careful internet research they settled on a Toyota Sequoia for their needs. After visiting and calling several dealers the best they can do is to order one and wait twelve to eighteen months!

So they have a problem. I told them to keep what they have and borrow my towing package equipped F150 on the rare instances when they needed to move the tractor. They can leave the Tesla for me to drive. I'm no dummy, I love driving that thing.

I also suggested to get a minivan for the kids and borrow my truck when needed. That got me cold stares and silence for a minute before they started talking again. Other daughter has one, a Toyota Sienna, and says she will never have anything else. But for some reason they do not want one.

I find the situation amusing!

RSKY
Minivans are the way to go with younger kids. They don't look as good as a Toyota Sequoia but are more functional.

What does your son-in-law think? That's were the buck should stop.

Minivans are the way to go with younger kids. They don't look as good as a Toyota Sequoia but are more functional.

What does your son-in-law think? That's were the buck should stop.

Son-in-law has his Tesla with the performance package. So she gets to pick whatever she wants. They actually sat down and she wrote out her criteria for a new vehicle. He added his to the list and they went thru a process of elimination and of the four or five vehicles left on the list she picked the Toyota. At least that is how he explained it to me. They have owned three Toyotas and have had zero problems with them. Plus a minivan would not pull the trailer with tractor loaded. As I stated above I have suggested a minivan and just borrow my truck when they need to pull the trailer but I just get a cold stare for a minute or so. I am going to suggest an F150 crew cab but will probably get the same stare.

RSKY