12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #31  
Nitrogen due to the way its made has a lot less water in it than compressed air from a well maintained system. Water's vapor pressure increases as it heats up, so the pressure variation between cold and warm tires is increased.
On any given "normal" day, other pollutants (water vapor, carbon monoxide, dust, methane, etc.) make up just over 1% of the air. Only 0.2% is water vapor. Of course, it's more if It's foggy or raining. It's still not worth converting to Nitrogen to fill your tires unless you race. Plain and simple. Believe what you want and pay more if you want--Free country. If you're really worried about it, use a separate small (5-10gallon) portable air tank. Fill that tank on dry days. :cautious:

I still have my two-stage drier on my shop compressor. I used it for painting and shop tools but never worried about using an undried line for blow guns and other air uses--Tires, jacks, etc. It's not worth the concern.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #32  
I can't fathom buying a new vehicle in this market, it's absolutely insane. It hurt enough buying my F350 in November; almost $40k for a truck with over 100k miles, yet less painful than ~$60k for the equivalent new.
Sad thing is, now that the “new norm” has been established, it gonna take a lot to go back to the “old norm”.
I don’t see it happening. Incomes are not keeping up with expenses. Expenses are increasing exponentially in some cases.
More people freeze to death than die of heat, but whatever.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #33  
My youngest daughter is needing a new vehicle because the one she has now, a Toyota 4Runner, does not meet her family's new requirements. Their vehicle requirements have changed because they are expecting a third child and they have a tractor that needs to be trailered forty miles to her husband's mother's farm. The tractor and loader weigh around 4000 pounds. So after careful internet research they settled on a Toyota Sequoia for their needs. After visiting and calling several dealers the best they can do is to order one and wait twelve to eighteen months!

So they have a problem. I told them to keep what they have and borrow my towing package equipped F150 on the rare instances when they needed to move the tractor. They can leave the Tesla for me to drive. I'm no dummy, I love driving that thing.

I also suggested to get a minivan for the kids and borrow my truck when needed. That got me cold stares and silence for a minute before they started talking again. Other daughter has one, a Toyota Sienna, and says she will never have anything else. But for some reason they do not want one.

I find the situation amusing!

RSKY
why not the electric f150 crew cab? or a Rivian?

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!
why not the electric f150 crew cab? or a Rivian?

Not even in consideration. Tractor/trailer combo will be moved three or four times a year. Too much expense for too little utilization. Biggest problem to be solved is for two adults and three kids because of the baby due in June. Plus the fact that those are in short supply also.

Ford Expedition is looking better and better. IF they have some on the lots.

RSKY

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #35  
Like I said in an earlier post, the salesman that sold me my Tacoma said things will never go back to pre-covid at the dealerships. Two car salesman at church told me the same thing, and they love it. Why wouldn’t they, they get an order for cars and trucks that is coming in and most of time they are sold before they to the lot. No haggling, no pressure sales pitch. As far as all those F150’s sitting there waiting on chips for a year or more. Who would want a new truck that has been sitting for a year or more without being ran. I wouldn’t doubt it if the mice have already chewed on them a bit.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #36  
Bought new pickup a few months ago, models with lower mpg are pretty easy to find, with the very high price of fuel these days higher mpg vehicles are usually harder to find.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #37  
Ordered a new GMC Sierra in October of 2020. It finally arrived in April of 2022. It was a model year newer than I originally ordered. Nuts!

Ordered a new Buick Envision in October of 2022. Still waiting. At 76, I hope I'm still around when it finally arrives.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #38  
Like I said in an earlier post, the salesman that sold me my Tacoma said things will never go back to pre-covid at the dealerships. Two car salesman at church told me the same thing, and they love it. Why wouldn’t they, they get an order for cars and trucks that is coming in and most of time they are sold before they to the lot. No haggling, no pressure sales pitch.
Oh, I'm sure the car dealers love the current situation...they hold all the cards. Here it is, take it or leave it. That works until it doesn't anymore, and how much longer are car buyers going to allow themselves to be jerked around by the dealers and automakers? $44 grand for a freakin' tacoma?? That's insane.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #39  
Son-in-law has his Tesla with the performance package. So she gets to pick whatever she wants. They actually sat down and she wrote out her criteria for a new vehicle. He added his to the list and they went thru a process of elimination and of the four or five vehicles left on the list she picked the Toyota. At least that is how he explained it to me. They have owned three Toyotas and have had zero problems with them. Plus a minivan would not pull the trailer with tractor loaded. As I stated above I have suggested a minivan and just borrow my truck when they need to pull the trailer but I just get a cold stare for a minute or so. I am going to suggest an F150 crew cab but will probably get the same stare.

RSKY
2023 Ford Explorer ST, 400hp/415 lb-ft torque, seats 7, tows up to 5600 lbs. and it's cool, about $60K if you can find one.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #40  
The dealers are crazy. I have 2021 F250 diesel with 31000 miles. Ford wont even deal with me on a van. They want to steal my truck. lol..Id buy a good used van now but heck they are more more than i paid for my house in SC