12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #51  
Hell we have been looking at cars as far away as Miami. I can fly there for free, and road trip home. These days you can get a vehicle almost anywhere if you really want the vehicle.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #52  
Another trick I found was to look in areas where the vehicle isn't a good fit. Before getting my diesel dually in Montgomery, I saw one in NYC. Have to be willing to do the road trip though.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #53  
Hell we have been looking at cars as far away as Miami. I can fly there for free, and road trip home. These days you can get a vehicle almost anywhere if you really want the vehicle.
As long as you're buying a new vehicle the risk is minimal. I wouldn't chance buying a used vehicle without an inspection.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #55  
   / 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #56  
I'm still trying to figure out the "advantage" of Nitrogen. From everything I've read, it's just another way for somebody to take more of your money.
Well, I am no expert on this, but let us remember that 80% of regular air is nitrogen, and the other 20% is pretty much just oxygen. So the question is not what is the advantage of nitrogen, but what is the disadvantage of oxygen?

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #57  
I can't fathom buying a new vehicle in this market, it's absolutely insane. It hurt enough buying my F350 in November; almost $40k for a truck with over 100k miles, yet less painful than ~$60k for the equivalent new.

Just priced out my trucks equivalent for 2023, and I was close; $65k for an F350 XLT.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #58  
Yes it is expensive. Bottom line Tacoma’s start at around $32,000, I got the Limited which is the loaded version. I priced New Silverado’s starting at around $52,000, new F150‘s started at around $52,000- $54,000. Heck a new Cadillac Escalade is about $110,000 - $125,000. I have the same reaction as you when I see folks buying a $225,000 home for $350,000.
That is why we bought a Tundra. The Tacoma is nice, but there is little price difference (used) and more power and more room.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #59  
I think my neighbor told my son he gave like $80,000 for an F-150 Black Window edition.
LOL

Stupid money for a light duty pickup with a bunch of decals on it I wouldn’t even want to ride in.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #60  
That is why we bought a Tundra. The Tacoma is nice, but there is little price difference (used) and more power and more room.
I looked at the new Tundras and they are nice and will pull a house off the foundation but too much truck for my use. Just got one small trailer to pull and the Tacoma has ample room for what I need. The prices for new trucks are what they are, even if the availability gets better, the price sure as hell ain’t going down. Some Ford and GM dealers are adding several thousand to the MSRP just because they can. Folks that go ahead and pay that inflated dealer price (which is not the MSRP factory price) got nothing to ***** about.