12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #61  
I looked at the new Tundras and they are nice and will pull a house off the foundation but too much truck for my use. Just got one small trailer to pull and the Tacoma has ample room for what I need. The prices for new trucks are what they are, even if the availability gets better, the price sure as hell ain’t going down. Some Ford and GM dealers are adding several thousand to the MSRP just because they can. Folks that go ahead and pay that inflated dealer price (which is not the MSRP factory price) got nothing to ***** about.
It was the same way with the housing market 2 years ago. Pay over the appraised value, with no inspection. I believe that those birdies are coming home to roost.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #62  
What irked me the most was here in Arkansas I had to pay the 7% new car sales tax, sales tax and tags came to $2980, dang !!! Don’t what the % is in other states though, maybe I got off easy.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #63  
I think my neighbor told my son he gave like $80,000 for an F-150 Black Window edition.
LOL

Stupid money for a light duty pickup with a bunch of decals on it I wouldn’t even want to ride in.
And worth 40k on year 2...

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #64  
Last year's models but at least they are knocking off something.
Yes, but just give it a couple more months and they'll have same or similar deals on 2023's. Now that the inventory is starting to build, interest rates (non-automotive) are up, Better deals will be coming.

This was an email from another dealer in December,

New 2022 Ford
F-150 1
1.9% APR for 60 months
OR 2.9% APR for 72 months
OR $7,000 OFF MSRP *
Over 20 to Choose From!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #66  
Big change in the availability of a Toyota forerunner limited. In December 2020 I bought a 2021 Ltd, and they had it sitting right there on the lot. Just for curiosity I called a Toyota dealer today and they said I would now have to wait at least eight months, and pay $11,000 more!😯

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #67  
Shockingly, not necessarily. I went to look at an f250 which originally cost 80k, it was 3 years old, and it was listed for 68k. It seems that cars less than 5 years old are holding their value a great deal more.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #68  
Shockingly, not necessarily. I went to look at an f250 which originally cost 80k, it was 3 years old, and it was listed for 68k. It seems that cars less than 5 years old are holding their value a great deal more.

The vehicle shortages can have some benefits. I pulled my 2020 Ram into the dealership for some warranty work and a salesman approached my vehicle before I even opened the door. Wanted to buy my truck on the spot for over $70,000.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #69  
Around here it's still going to be rusted out in 15 years. All of that fancy stuff won't make it last 1 mile farther down the road.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #70  
Yes, but just give it a couple more months and they'll have same or similar deals on 2023's. Now that the inventory is starting to build, interest rates (non-automotive) are up, Better deals will be coming.

This was an email from another dealer in December,

New 2022 Ford
F-150 1
1.9% APR for 60 months
OR 2.9% APR for 72 months
OR $7,000 OFF MSRP *
Over 20 to Choose From!
6 years on a vehicle! My mortgage was only for ten...