12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #121  
You've never "needed" a realtor to sell property, it's just that it's a lot easier for someone who doesn't know the ropes to use one. I'm sure I'm not the only one here to have bought property in a private sale.

Yes real estate is a seller's market right now, though not to the extent it was a couple years ago. At some point the pendulum will swing the other way, it always does.

Define "destroyed". Maybe on paper, but trucks don't change all that much from one model year to the next, would make more sense to issue a new VIN and resell as the current year's model.
My widowed neighbor is trying to sell 40 acres with an earth contact house and a 50x70 pole barn/machine shed. She's asking $550K. She needs a realtor.

As to the destroyed trucks. I'll only believe that one way. That's if the government gave the manufacturers Covid Relief money for all those trucks that had to be "destroyed".

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #122  
It‘s possible the government gave the manufacturers covid money to trash those trucks. But I’m sure, even if they got money, all they did was take them back to the plant and reuse the parts. But I wouldn’t put past our current prez to fund that screw up cause he is a special kind of stupid.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #123  
It‘s possible the government gave the manufacturers covid money to trash those trucks. But I’m sure, even if they got money, all they did was take them back to the plant and reuse the parts. But I wouldn’t put past our current prez to fund that screw up cause he is a special kind of stupid.
If they were "destroyed" the manufacturers got paid.

Someone mentioned changing the VIN and selling as current model. I would hope us consumers are protected from that in some manner. There's a pretty detailed tracking mechanism in place regarding VINs.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #124  
Way back when I drove a roll off for an outfit in Detroit, they had an ongoing contract with GM in Pontiac and I used to pick up roll off boxes of brand new pickup trucks, bring them back to the yard where they were taken apart and the parts shipped back to GM where they were used in other trucks. Only the frames and sheet metal was scrapped. Everything else was reused. and interestingly, the GM people were always there watching and cataloging. One thing about the automakers and that is, if it's crooked, they do it.

I put nothing past any of the domestic builders. Used to do the same with Vipers as well. FCA is very dirty, always has been, but then GM (and Fords) is as bad.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #126  
Way back when I drove a roll off for an outfit in Detroit, they had an ongoing contract with GM in Pontiac and I used to pick up roll off boxes of brand new pickup trucks, bring them back to the yard where they were taken apart and the parts shipped back to GM where they were used in other trucks. Only the frames and sheet metal was scrapped. Everything else was reused. and interestingly, the GM people were always there watching and cataloging. One thing about the automakers and that is, if it's crooked, they do it.

I put nothing past any of the domestic builders. Used to do the same with Vipers as well. FCA is very dirty, always has been, but then GM (and Fords) is as bad.
Can't think of any non-domestic automakers I'd trust either.
Why would they even scrap the frames or sheet metal? Most of that stuff can be re-used too, if nothing else selling as replacement parts to body shops. I don't see anything crooked about re-using what they can. Most parts are interchangeable from one model year to the next.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #127  
Because those parts have serial numbers whereas components don't.
They paid scrappers to destroy perfectly good running vehicles under *****'s Cash for Clunkers too.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #129  
Oh yeah, I remember that, during the ***** ***** era. I didn’t turn in any clunkers for cash cause if I did I wouldn’t have any thing to drive, lol.
Best I can tell, that program cost taxpayers $3 Billion.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #130  
Sounds like problems in paradise. When dealers cannot sell their trade-ins, it kind of throws a monkey wrench in the works.