13 year old tires, time to replace?

/ 13 year old tires, time to replace? #21  
These were the condition of the tires on my 2004 L4630 when I bought it in 2014 and sold it in 2018.
Filled with rim guard and still no leaks. Sat in the Florida sun for most of its life

Attachments

• tire.JPG
    tire.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 203
   / 13 year old tires, time to replace? #22  
I’m still running an original set of Firestone’s on a 1970 International 140. They have “gum dipped” on the side of them. They are also loaded, more than likely with calcium.

IMG_1313.JPG
IMG_1314.JPG

/ 13 year old tires, time to replace? #23  
The Ford 4630 we have, I just put a new set of Firestone's on it last year cause I ran a large stick through one of them. The ones that were on it, they were original from 1993 and had good tread, they were just getting thin and that was the third time I'd had a flat from running something through one.

/ 13 year old tires, time to replace? #24  
   / 13 year old tires, time to replace? #25  
My 2006 Kioti rear tyres are still in perfect condition. Only checked the pressures twice and no loss of air. No signs of cracks or perishing.
The front tyres however should never have been fitted to a tractor with a FEL as they were too soft when the FEL was used.
I replaced them with heavy duty tyres a few years ago and it has been great since.

/ 13 year old tires, time to replace? #26  
My 1978 Ford 1100 got a different set of tires in 2012 because the new owner wanted them. I got the original tires and rims with it when i bought the tractor back.
David from jax

/ 13 year old tires, time to replace? #27  
If they ARE filled with CaCl, you might plan on new rims and new tires when you replace.

If the tires are tubed and don’t leak the rims will last indefinitely. That’s the part people can’t grasp. Rim rot is a maintenance problem, not a calcium chloride problem.

/ 13 year old tires, time to replace? #28  
I ran an old Massey with R1s for 10 years with lugs missing and cord showing before one blew. My JD4310 had bald fronts and cracks all the way around on one of the rears so I replaced all four. Don't know if or how long they might have run but they were already 14 years old.

/ 13 year old tires, time to replace? #29  
Well, shoot. Y'all are giving me a renewed hope that I may not need to get new fronts...... Just yet? I guess I should upload a picture of the sidewall cracking and get a concensus huh?

/ 13 year old tires, time to replace? #30  
I got new front tires for my kubota when they wouldn't hold air anymore and couldn't be repaired. I don't know how many years that was, but I'm sure it was more than 13. I had 25 years on my rear tires before I had to replace them. If the tire is more of a hassle to air it up and repair it than I want to put up with, then I will replace it. I have a front tire on my JD that is 10 years old, I ran over a thorn several years ago and have had air leaks in it ever since in spite of several attempts to fix it. I'm considering replacing it even thou it is in good shape.