147D Canopy Support build

/ 147D Canopy Support build
Got some side brackets made up to attach to ROP uprights. Next think is to figure what to go up and out to hold top in place.
I know I wasn't going to call it a ROP :thumbsup:

IMG_20190212_125546.jpg

IMG_20190212_125533.jpg

IMG_20190212_125750.jpg

IMG_20190212_125604.jpg

/ 147D Canopy Support build #12  
Those look nice. However I guess I am not following your idea with the placement of the brackets. I figured you were going to have something attach to the top horizontal bar and extend over your seat, that way it would provide shade and keep the rain off you if it would happen to rain while you on it.

Also did you use a plasma cutter to make those brackets? They look clean

Those look nice. However I guess I am not following your idea with the placement of the brackets. I figured you were going to have something attach to the top horizontal bar and extend over your seat, that way it would provide shade and keep the rain off you if it would happen to rain while you on it.

Also did you use a plasma cutter to make those brackets? They look clean

No plasma cutter..

IMG_20181210_175718.jpg

I have dimensional steel I'm using so I just got to cut to length.
Have them made up. I'll get some pictures in a bit ..:D
Nothing will be attached to the top horizontal bar..

/ 147D Canopy Support build #14  
Next time someone is tossing out a deck umbrella on CL, snatch it up. Those can be made into a canopy is a snap.

These are the brackets that are pictures above with angles welded to them to extend out over the seat/steering wheel..Hope to have everything put together soon to get a better picture..

IMG_20190212_173956.jpg

/ 147D Canopy Support build #16  
Yes the good ole cut off saw, those old ones seem to last forever!

I was thinking the same thing bmaverick was about the deck umbrella, that would be cheap and easy!

Now that I am looking at your other brackets I understand what you are going to do. Well paint those things red and find something to cover them with

Yep...waiting for paint to dry takes longer than making the darn thing..
Hopefully I'll everything really to put together today. Sure could have used it yesterday..!

/ 147D Canopy Support build #18  
Well I am excited to see your finished product! This will help me when I want to make one for my 155d

/ 147D Canopy Support build #19  
Next time someone is tossing out a deck umbrella on CL, snatch it up. Those can be made into a canopy is a snap.
I tried using an umbrella on my 2310. I zip tied a pvc pipe to the ROPS and put the umbrella in it. The first good wind caught it and the brush hog finished it. If you use the umbrella, make sure it's secured very well.

Last edited:
Got the top on yesterday. The bedliner I used for the top turned out ok. I did have to add 3 /4" aluminum angle to the front and back edge as it wanted to bow in the middle a little. Everything seems like it should be good.
BUT... No sooner than I monkey'ed around for a 1/2 hour installing it and making all adjustments I thought boy what a pain in the butt that's going be if I want to take it on and off.

I'm not changing it right now but I think I'm going to cut the angles off that rise up to tubing that will slide into one another. Might make it more floppy but if the fit is right it shouldn't be bad if at all...

IMG_20190214_060145.jpg

IMG_20190214_060241.jpg

IMG_20190214_060306.jpg

IMG_20190214_060352.jpg