147D Canopy Support build

/ 147D Canopy Support build #21  
I tried using an umbrella on my 2310. I zip tied a pvc pipe to the ROPS and put the umbrella in it. The first good wind caught it and the brush hog finished it. If you use the umbrella, make sure it's secured very well.

That just makes me laugh :laughing: because I can totally see that happening to me!

/ 147D Canopy Support build #22  
Got the top on yesterday. The bedliner I used for the top turned out ok. I did have to add 3 /4" aluminum angle to the front and back edge as it wanted to bow in the middle a little. Everything seems like it should be good.
BUT... No sooner than I monkey'ed around for a 1/2 hour installing it and making all adjustments I thought boy what a pain in the butt that's going be if I want to take it on and off.

I'm not changing it right now but I think I'm going to cut the angles off that rise up to tubing that will slide into one another. Might make it more floppy but if the fit is right it shouldn't be bad if at all...

View attachment 591561

View attachment 591562

View attachment 591563

View attachment 591564

Yeah it would probably be a pain in the butt to take on and off, but honestly how often do you think you will really take it off?? I bet once you start using it you will be glad its up there and won't find any reason to take it off.

It looks good and should "cover" your needs...:rolleyes:

/ 147D Canopy Support build #23  
In Ga. It gets warm in the summer. So I've learned it's in my best interest to get out and get going early. I could use a canopy but I have a lot of wooded acres that I have to get to and work on.

Same here. I'm in the "design stage" on my canopy build (already have an EZGo golf cart top) and I realized early on that I need to make sure my frame includes guards that will direct limbs up and over the canopy top, otherwise a limb will get under the front lip of the plastic top and rip it off the top of the cage in pretty short order. :)

/ 147D Canopy Support build
Yeah it would probably be a pain in the butt to take on and off, but honestly how often do you think you will really take it off?? I bet once you start using it you will be glad its up there and won't find any reason to take it off.

It looks good and should "cover" your needs...:rolleyes:

You're probably right. Have no intentions to take it off. Would be nice to have that option.
BUT that one time you want to trailer it or take stroll down in the woods :duh:...Otherwise I believe I'll be leaving it on.

/ 147D Canopy Support build #25  
Same here. I'm in the "design stage" on my canopy build (already have an EZGo golf cart top) and I realized early on that I need to make sure my frame includes guards that will direct limbs up and over the canopy top, otherwise a limb will get under the front lip of the plastic top and rip it off the top of the cage in pretty short order. :)

Good idea on the frame guards to help branches slide over the top instead of getting stuck. Do you have any pictures of those guards?

/ 147D Canopy Support build #26  
You're probably right. Have no intentions to take it off. Would be nice to have that option.
BUT that one time you want to trailer it or take stroll down in the woods :duh:...Otherwise I believe I'll be leaving it on.

Ahh I didn't think of taking it on a trailer, and I should have because I move mine more often that I would like. I guess you could just remove the bolts that hold the rubber piece down and all would be good, or just use some quick pins to replace those bolts and that would make it quick and easy too. But again I don't know how often you plan on taking it on a trailer, I probably transport my 2210d at least a dozen times through out the year, and my 155d well nothing yet, but it has potential to be on a trailer if I start using it for tilling small jobs in my area.

The final product..

IMG_20190214_122939.jpg

All in all it came out well. The biggest single expense being what I had to spend for the "ROP" which I needed to attach something on. That was 1 1/2"x 2 1/2" tubing that cost me about $150. But I had to buy a 24' piece. Ended up using about 15' .
The top itself didn't cost anything as I cut it out of an old bedliner. Made that 37" wide x 40" long. Worked pretty good for that. Misc. hardware, paint, some small pieces of steel some of which I had laying around I probably got another $50 in it. Took some time to make but I don't count that... Ended up being 78" high and can be adjusted so I got room to spare.
As I mentioned above I might change the mounts but that will be later.

/ 147D Canopy Support build #28  
Looks great, nice job! Price wise that isn't to darn bad, considering a ROPS is about $650 new. You will have to give us an update this summer and let us know how well it works.

I love your blade on your loader, I need to figure something out like that for my Koyker loader on my 2210d.

Thanks for the kind words Jtullis13.

Wow... The plow. That was a another home brew that started its life as a 50" ATV plow that I widen to 60". . :laughing:

Last edited:
   / 147D Canopy Support build #30  
Did you make those wheel weights. Look nice however you came by them.