3-Point Hitch 1529 is there an adjustment or stops on the position control?

/ 1529 is there an adjustment or stops on the position control? #1  

tmajor

Platinum Member
Tractor
2010 MF 1529, Woods ZTR MZ1952, National Mower sickle bar circa 1963
I know there are "adjustable stops" on the position control quadrant, but is there anything "underneath"? The draft arms don't raise awfully high, even with the stop on the quadrant all the way up, the position control lever stops before it reaches the quadrant stops?? MF 1529

Maybe, my top link is too long. ??

/ 1529 is there an adjustment or stops on the position control? #2  
I would guess that your top link needs adjusting.

/ 1529 is there an adjustment or stops on the position control?
But, it would seem, that the control lever should travel the whole distance of the quadrant, rather then 2/3s.

Well, to answer my question: Shortening the top link allowed the implement to come off the ground further, but of course, it didn't make the arms come up any higher. Underneath, there is an adjustment, which allows the position control lever to come back further and at the same time, allowed the arms to raise higher.

Also, in the same area, on the control lever, Is a friction brake/adjustment to adjust the pressure on the lever, so it doesn't drop down on its own.

/ 1529 is there an adjustment or stops on the position control? #5  
I've never saw a 3pt lever with an adjustment like that?

Hopefully it solved your problem!!!! :)

The PTO shaft was bent, when I got the tractor. I can imagine, that he raised the brush hog, until it hit the PTO shaft and bent it. Afterward, he may have adjusted it, so the lift arms wouldn't come up so high, as to hit the PTO shaft. ??

Here is the adjustment, which also has a stop nut on the back side. Directly above it, is the adjustment for the friction on the lever.

Position conrol adjust.JPG

/ 1529 is there an adjustment or stops on the position control? #7  
That almost looks like an coupling nut that could have a threaded rod inserted giving you a way to move the control lever from behind the tractor while attaching things on the 3 pt hitch.

/ 1529 is there an adjustment or stops on the position control? #8  
The PTO shaft was bent, when I got the tractor. I can imagine, that he raised the brush hog, until it hit the PTO shaft and bent it. Afterward, he may have adjusted it, so the lift arms wouldn't come up so high, as to hit the PTO shaft. ??

Here is the adjustment, which also has a stop nut on the back side. Directly above it, is the adjustment for the friction on the lever.

Oh yeah, I get it now. That adjuster is normally used to coordinate the stroke of the 3pt cylinder to the lever.

Yeah, I'm guessing you are right about why it was out of adjustment!!! :)

@ Ford850 .. I wouldn't see any advantage in that, as the control lever is directly above it. ??

/ 1529 is there an adjustment or stops on the position control? #10  
Hey tmajor, it sounds like you already fixed your problem, but here is my setup on my 1529. The bolts on mine are in the top holes in order to increase the height. I plan to change that because it is too high to pick up my flail mower as is. In the meantime I set the flail down on blocks to raise it up a bit. Thanks for the info on the lever adjustment.
photo (7).JPG