1533 popped, won't mnove

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove
It looks like we won't know what failed on this tractor in the short term. The owner/neighbor doesn't think he has the money to fix it so it sits broken down in his yard. It is a shame to see a low hour tractor sitting and deteriorating. To put it mildly, this guy is a little "strange". He now has this tractor and another inop tractor in his yard that he won't fix or sell.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #12  
Interesting you made reference to the tractor having low hours. He may be better off to right that tractor off and start over. Ive already caught heck on this thread for calling agco the way i see it, but here is the skinny in a nut shell. Let say you have to split the tractor to repair it. Depending on what is wrong it 4000 to say 8000 dollars. And you still have a mf tractor and these tractors have issues as you just found out. Then if they do a slip shot job of repairing and ive been in that boat as well, then you got to fight with them to stand behind their repair work. He probably be better off to sell it to a tractor salvage and get something different. Dealers, whether selling you a tractor or repairing one that is broke want one thing : MONEY. They can care less about you, service or standing behind their product or service. That is just the way it is.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #13  
Jesus Philip, broken record. Get a life, move on.

To the OP, is this a Hydrostatic or Gear transmission machine?

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #14  
Jesus Philip, broken record. Get a life, move on.

To the OP, is this a Hydrostatic or Gear transmission machine?
Im simply saying if you have to split it and go into the transmission it maybe better off to junk it and start over. I would pretty much say the same thing about my dads jd. Fact is a dealer will put on a sales pitch cause they want the money whether fixing a tractor or buying a new one. That is just dealers.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #16  
If i had to guess sight unseen, i would say you stripped or spun the center out of the clutch. I did that once to a pickup trying to pull start a tractor. The other thought which seems more likelly is that you busted the shaft going into The transmission. With either problem, you would need to split the tractor to fix it.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #17  
Ps. If you friend dont have the money to fix or or dont want to fix it, you might see if you can buy it from him and fix it up yourself. Particularly if you pretty good at twisting wrenches.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #18  
Sometimes there is a shear coupler in the transmission that will break before something else does. Not quite sure. If it's power shuttle (not synchro shuttle) maybe check the wires going to the side of the transmission. Also, look to see if any hydraulic pipes have been flattened underneath.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #19  
Phillip I burn agcos butt for warranty work all the time. I love it.

You got brushed the wrong way by some dealer is what it sounds like to me.

When things break because of abuse, it is solely the operator's fault.

With your anti-agco feelings, I feel the same way, but I am a martyr for the Massey Ferguson brand. Even more so for Allis Chalmers.

Go troll the Kubota posts and talk smack there. They don't even have the weight Massey has and neither does Deere.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #20  
My neighbor has a 1533 4wd w/loader. He got it stuck, and in the process of getting it out the tractor popped and stopped pulling. Is there something we can check to help diagnose the problem? I've done a search and find no other posts of this type. I was hoping that it is something common and simple to repair but it isn't shaping up that way. Thanks for any advice.
If the PTO works, you can rule out the clutch.