1533 popped, won't mnove

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #21  
It gets a little deeper than that, i am not the only agco product owner that has issues with agco. The depth of issues with agco spreads into other products besides mf tractors. It includes combines, hesston hay equipment, gsi, employee relations etc. There has been way to many of us burnt out here through agco equipment issues, agcos ability to stand behind their equipment or through employee relations working for agco or one of its subsidaries. Agco does not have a good name around here. But i also am not a big fan of kubota either. I've said it over and over, if these products are top of the line, then where are they'? Nobody around here is buying anything but deere and case ih. These are the guys making their living with tractors. Not some weekend part timer with 5 acres.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #22  
Ps. If you friend dont have the money to fix or or dont want to fix it, you might see if you can buy it from him and fix it up yourself. Particularly if you pretty good at twisting wrenches.

I have to agree with Phillip about dealers in general.
I have taken several tractors to several dealers in East Texas and have been screwed by them all. I started doing all the work myself. Now that I am retired and have the time, and I am not scared of the weight any more. Tractors are a lot easier to work on than one might expect.

Now I did say dealers in general. My son has a dealer about 30 miles for him that is great. If I ever have to take a tractor to a dealer again, I believe I will drive the 175 miles each way to that dealer!

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #23  
A brand is only as strong as it's dealership. The dealership should be able to do the right thing and agco should pay them for making things right.

Sounds like your dealers need a tune up.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #24  
I bought my MF 1540 new in 2007 from Peterson Cat in Salem, Oregon.
Right off the bat, I had an issue with the hydraulic system.
Peterson Cat jumped right in and was VERY aggressive about making the repair and getting it done in a timely manner.
We are very happy with our MF 1540. Couldn't be happier.
We are also very happy and confident in our dealership.

A tractor is a piece of machinery. Machines break.
I have a 1942 Ford 2N and a 1952 Ford 8N. Sometimes they need repair. No big deal.
If our MF 1540 ever goes POP, (???) we will un-pop it.

We can set all day long and chit-chat the day away about tractors on TBN, but if we are too lazy to perform service and maintenance, we aren't much of a tractor person; are we?
When we have equipment break downs, it goes to the head of the to-do list.
We do not have machinery out of service for very long.
If it's broke don't set around and *****; FIX IT!!!

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #25  
I bought my MF 1540 new in 2007 from Peterson Cat in Salem, Oregon.
Right off the bat, I had an issue with the hydraulic system.
Peterson Cat jumped right in and was VERY aggressive about making the repair and getting it done in a timely manner.
We are very happy with our MF 1540. Couldn't be happier.
We are also very happy and confident in our dealership.

A tractor is a piece of machinery. Machines break.
I have a 1942 Ford 2N and a 1952 Ford 8N. Sometimes they need repair. No big deal.
If our MF 1540 ever goes POP, (???) we will un-pop it.

We can set all day long and chit-chat the day away about tractors on TBN, but if we are too lazy to perform service and maintenance, we aren't much of a tractor person; are we?
When we have equipment break downs, it goes to the head of the to-do list.
We do not have machinery out of service for very long.
If it's broke don't set around and *****; FIX IT!!!
That is the approach i had. Never again. Instead of fix it, i should have junked it and got something different. I'm out 1000's of dollars in repairs and no way to recoup. I should have never let the dealer talk me into expensive repairs. I think they figured out this cash cow went dry when they wanted me to trade. I informed them that my next tractor definetly would not be an agco product. They tried their sales pitch and i basically told them the cash cow was dry. You cant sell a guy a tractor and then charge 3000 4000 5000+ dollars at a time for repairs and then wonder why a guy is done with the tractor, the brand name, and the dealer.

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #26  
That is the approach i had. Never again. Instead of fix it, i should have junked it and got something different. I'm out 1000's of dollars in repairs and no way to recoup. I should have never let the dealer talk me into expensive repairs. I think they figured out this cash cow went dry when they wanted me to trade. I informed them that my next tractor definetly would not be an agco product. They tried their sales pitch and i basically told them the cash cow was dry. You cant sell a guy a tractor and then charge 3000 4000 5000+ dollars at a time for repairs and then wonder why a guy is done with the tractor, the brand name, and the dealer.
I'll give you $1000 now for your 1533... That way you won't have to deal with it any more, and the rest of the forum won't have to listen to you b!tch about it any more. I'll even come pick it up, free of charge. Deal?

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #27  
I'll give you $1000 now for your 1533... That way you won't have to deal with it any more, and the rest of the forum won't have to listen to you b!tch about it any more. I'll even come pick it up, free of charge. Deal?

Reminds me of my previous life as a web press printer.
In that industry, I was blessed to meet many very talented printers with a very high level of expertise.

And then there were the "button pushers".
They walk up to the printing press and push a button, and if ANYTHING didn't go as normal they called in maintenance, pitched a fit, complained about the industry and bad mouthed the company.
You could hear them all the way across the pressroom.
REALLY GOT OLD!!!!

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #28  
Yes I agree.

I've broken things on many pieces of my equipment. And I've had things break on multiple pieces of equipment, at no fault of own. But the result is the same: the item is broke and i need to fix it. So i fix it, and get back to work. Complaining doesn't fix things. If he's so fed-up with AGCO, i have $1000 sitting in my pocket now and I'll buy him out of his 1533. I can't imagine he'll be willing though...

And ironically, my Iseki-built Massey products from AGCO have been problem free in a combined 1500 hrs. Excellent tractors

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #29  
When Agco came out with the Challenger line, our area was flooded with their version of the 1530 / 1540.
I forget the Challenger numbers for those tractors.
Anyway, everybody loves them. They are a very dependable and versatile chore tractor.
They are all over the place out here in Oregon.
We use ours to bale our hay, move and load palletized bee hives for pollination, rototill, spray herbicides, you name it.
I love it!
BTW, ours still has the original battery! It's 11 years old!!!

/ 1533 popped, won't mnove #30  
It has left a bitter thorn in my side that is not going away anytime soon. However i'm not in a position to sell right now. I'm trying to shuffle some things around, liquidate some property and what not. I'm a few months out. If this goes right right i wont need a replacement tractor. So right now i plan to run it in the ground to where it is totally inoperable and call salvage yard to come get it or try to sell it as is when i get everything shuffled around. If your interested, i will tellyou the truth about the tractor and lett you have first shot at it.