3-Point Hitch 169D 3 point hitch is weak

/ 169D 3 point hitch is weak #1  

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E42R, E10, John Deere 4100
Last night i went out on my tractor to enjoy the nice weather and level out some ground where we dug up some stumps last year. My box blade got packed with mud and I tried to lift it and my tractor would not. So i backed up and got it cleaned out and it can only lift my box blade 4" off the ground. i limped my tractor back to the barn and let it rest. It barely lifts up the imatch right now, did my hydraulic pump go out? :confused:

/ 169D 3 point hitch is weak #2  
It doesn't sound like the pump is the problem, sounds like you are low on fluid.
Check the oil level and check the filter screen.
Are the hydraulics screeching when you try to lift? If so then something is preventing the hitch from raising, such as a chain caught around the drawbar.
In your last post you had some photos showing the new shift pattern decal; I can see you have caps on the hydraulic diverter block. How is oil even getting to the three point hitch?

/ 169D 3 point hitch is weak
It doesn't sound like the pump is the problem, sounds like you are low on fluid.
Check the oil level and check the filter screen.
Are the hydraulics screeching when you try to lift? If so then something is preventing the hitch from raising, such as a chain caught around the drawbar.
In your last post you had some photos showing the new shift pattern decal; I can see you have caps on the hydraulic diverter block. How is oil even getting to the three point hitch?

The oil mush be getting through since it has been that way since I got it. I actually checked the hydraulic oil right before I drove it as well as the engine oil and it was topped off with both. My hydraulics don't screech, it just bogs the motor slightly and wont move with any sort of load. It barely lifts my imatch quick hitch and barely got my box blade off the ground. I di get it to lift all the way up with only the imatch but with the box blade it just cant do it. There must be a bypass through the hydraulic ports because that would be the only way that pressure cold reach the 3 point hitch. Since all I could think about this morning was my tractor I went out and looked at the pump. There are no leaks anywhere, so I cant see that hydraulic fluid was low. I also looked at the spot where this occurred and there was no hydraulic fluid in sight. I got a few pictures of it, I really want to get it fixed, I was going to move some logs but cant until I fix it. Thanks for the reply! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    932.2 KB · Views: 611
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    920.4 KB · Views: 471
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    912.1 KB · Views: 603
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    926.5 KB · Views: 725
   / 169D 3 point hitch is weak #4  
My hydraulics don't screech, it just bogs the motor slightly and wont move with any sort of load. It barely lifts my imatch quick hitch and barely got my box blade off the ground.

That Yanmar 3pt will try to lift anything it's connected to, and if it so heavy that lifting it will potentially break the tractor or cause the front end to rise off the ground then the bypass valve actuates to save things. The bypass makes one heck of a loud screeching noise. You won't mistake it. If it's not lifting, it should be screeching.
rScotty

That Yanmar 3pt will try to lift anything it's connected to, and if it so heavy that lifting it will potentially break the tractor or cause the front end to rise off the ground then the bypass valve actuates to save things. The bypass makes one heck of a loud screeching noise. You won't mistake it. If it's not lifting, it should be screeching.
rScotty

It usually does screech but it doesn't, it just acts like it is lifting but nothing happens unless there are no implements on. I have had my front tire come off the ground quite a few times, usually when I dont have front weights on which I didnt yesterday since one of my front tires is a little low. :(

/ 169D 3 point hitch is weak #6  
Not familiar with the 169 but assume the little valve with the red end on it in your first picture is the stop valve. Try slowly closing that valve with the engine running. Engine should start loading up, if it doesn't, I'm going to speculate you have sheared your pump key. Even with a sheared key the interference fit between pump coupling and shaft could produce low pressure. Having thought about this a little more you might also consider the possibility of the relief valve being hung in a partially open position. If that is the case slowly closing the stop valve will either point to or eliminate the sheared key.

Last edited:
Not familiar with the 169 but assume the little valve with the red end on it in your first picture is the stop valve. Try slowly closing that valve with the engine running. Engine should start loading up, if it doesn't, I'm going to speculate you have sheared your pump key. Even with a sheared key the interference fit between pump coupling and shaft could produce low pressure. Having thought about this a little more you might also consider the possibility of the relief valve being hung in a partially open position. If that is the case slowly closing the stop valve will either point to or eliminate the sheared key.

I'm pretty sure that lever is my 4wd engagement lever.

Talking about the valve with the red end on it right behind the gear shift.

Oh, that lever. It is locked up, I am guessing it is for the lift speed on the 3 point hitch. I may have to try it to see what it does for sure.

last night i found some sort of adjustment bolt on the side of the tranny case on my Yanmar. Does this have to do with my hydraulic pressure not getting to the hitch?:confused: Never noticed it before.

Attachments

• 078.JPG
    078.JPG
    983.9 KB · Views: 654