16k trailer with 14500 payload.

/ 16k trailer with 14500 payload. #51  
Looks great. Ensure that when you open your tailgate, it does not hit the top of the channel your adjustable coupler bolts into. I've had a couple of trailers where that would happen. You can cut the top of the channel down some to give clearance.

/ 16k trailer with 14500 payload. #52  
I own/run a trailer manufacturing company. We, and every other good manufacturer rates the trailers at or below the rated axle capacities. Two 7,000 lb axles equals a 14,000 lb GVWR (or less) trailer. We engineer the trailer chassis to exceed the anticipated load.

Last edited:
   / 16k trailer with 14500 payload. #53  
I own/run a trailer company. We, and every other good manufacturer rates the trailers at or below the rated axle capacities. Two 7,000 lb axles equals a 14,000 lb GVWR (or less) trailer. We engineer the trailer chassis to exceed the anticipated load.
Seems best to do it that way. Interesting that Diamond C adds in some tongue weight, two 7,000 lb axles often will have a 14,900 GVWR on their trailers.

/ 16k trailer with 14500 payload. #54  
Speaking of China Bombs, I had to drive up to Ann Arbor this afternoon and I saw no less than 3 RV's on the side of the road with blown tires. Bet they were all 'One hung Loe' tires. Rv manufacturers like to put the cheapest tires on their trailers. All 3 had collateral damage from the blown tires too.
That sucks. My buddy had the same issue with two items he recently purchased. One being a camper and the other being a landscape trailer. Each purchased from different places…both had crap tires. He switched to Carlisle’s.

How bad was 94? Still undergoing constant spring/summer construction?

/ 16k trailer with 14500 payload. #55  
. He switched to Carlisle’s.

I just went with a set of them on my horse trailer. 225/75x15, 10 ply, 81 mph rated. They were the most money the dealer had so I assume they are also the best they had:)

0508231501.jpg

/ 16k trailer with 14500 payload. #56  
Seems best to do it that way. Interesting that Diamond C adds in some tongue weight, two 7,000 lb axles often will have a 14,900 GVWR on their trailers.

Most manufactures do, I don't see anything wrong with it. Axle capacity, plus pin weight, is good.

/ 16k trailer with 14500 payload. #57  
Ditch the bull crap and check out Kaufman trailers, www.kaufmantrailers.com They are apples to apples every bit the equipment Texas and Gator is and nearly 20% less. Good people to work with... they actually answer the phone. I'm a very happy owner of two, one of which is a 60 day old purchase. Cheers

/ 16k trailer with 14500 payload. #58  
I own/run a trailer manufacturing company. We, and every other good manufacturer rates the trailers at or below the rated axle capacities. Two 7,000 lb axles equals a 14,000 lb GVWR (or less) trailer. We engineer the trailer chassis to exceed the anticipated load.
Just curious what DSF you apply to sprung and unsprung members? My trailer design engineer friend (HD, not MD or light) does 3G for frame loads but has no idea what axle and suspension manufacturers design to.

/ 16k trailer with 14500 payload. #60  
I just went with a set of them on my horse trailer. 225/75x15, 10 ply, 81 mph rated. They were the most money the dealer had so I assume they are also the best they had:)

View attachment 799570
They are the same thing I run on both my horse trailer and my enclosed work trailer as well. Overall best rated for the mileage and weight being hauled. All others end up punctured or in pieces. The main thing we do as a preventative other than keeping them topped off, is to use wheel covers on them during the summer and winter to help prevent weather checking. Awesome tire for sure.