16LA Loader- what am I doing wrong

/ 16LA Loader- what am I doing wrong #1  

Flatheadyoungin

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45 Shuttle
I think I've asked this before but the title of the thread probably didn't help.

On my FEL and on my BH, I can only do one movement at a time. I have a TC45 shuttle. I have 4 hyd. hookups in the front for the FEL. There is a single hookup under the belly of tractor. There is a single above the rear axle and there are 4 more quick connects at the rear. Am I using the wrong ones?

A friend of mine has a TC35 hydro and I jumped on it again the other day just to see if his would do two motions, and it did.

Sure this thing will do two things at once......

HELP!!

/ 16LA Loader- what am I doing wrong #2  
I've got the same thing going on on mine -- I can get 2 axis running at the same time if I go really slow - but it's faster to do one at a time ... I don't know why I haven't researched it out yet .....just haven't -- I'll be watching here to see what answers you (we) get .... cause I don't have one.

/ 16LA Loader- what am I doing wrong
I hope it's not just the "way it is....."

I'd really be disappointed......

/ 16LA Loader- what am I doing wrong #4  
We all need to be disappointed. This is a flaw in the design, it will do two movements at once until a cylinder reaches the end of its range of motion. When that happens both movements will stop until you stop asking the cylinder that has reached its end of travel to move.

This became very apparent when I put the grapple on the tractor. Close the grapple and keep applying pressure to close as you tilt or raise the arms nothing happens until I release the switch for the grapple.

OOOHHH well ....can't have it all

Jeff

/ 16LA Loader- what am I doing wrong #5  
So when you are trying to pump more fluid into a dead-end, there is some overpressure valve or something that bypasses all the other controls??

I have my grapple running off a line that also serves the rear remotes. I can close/open the grapple while the bucket is in motion, but can't lift and curl the bucket at the same time if there is anything resembling a load on it. I lift a bit, curl a bit, lift a bit, curl a bit when picking up dirt from a pile. The Kubota worked better at this chore, but it's gone in trade.

My loader is the 14 series on a Case.

/ 16LA Loader- what am I doing wrong #6  
You are not doing anything wrong. This is the way that loaders on compact and Ag tractors work. To successfully operate 2 movements at once takes more complicated plumbing and valving like that found on an industrial backhoe. I believe the device is called a regenerating valve.

wonder why my buddy's 16la on a tc35 hydro works two at the same time....

i know the handle is different on the loader control but i'm not sure about the actual valving under the handle.....

AndyG said:
You are not doing anything wrong. This is the way that loaders on compact and Ag tractors work. To successfully operate 2 movements at once takes more complicated plumbing and valving like that found on an industrial backhoe. I believe the device is called a regenerating valve.

/ 16LA Loader- what am I doing wrong #8  
AndyG said:

Strange.......I can move my loader up & down & curl all around at the same time. I must have one of the GOOD loaders. :D

Vic

/ 16LA Loader- what am I doing wrong #9  
kozak said:
Strange.......I can move my loader up & down & curl all around at the same time.
So can I.

So what in the world is going on here????

It's REALLY aggravating!

What RPM are you running?

What tractor do you have?