/ 1700 ford doing the split #1  

jimmoore

Platinum Member
Tractor
05 CASE IH D35 W/FEL
had to replace clutch and pressure plate, pilot and throwout bearings

/ 1700 ford doing the split #2  
Jim,
Looks like you have agreat area to work,but I did notice a couple of thing.
Just how much room do you have between the roll bar to the top of the door casting. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
The mallard on the floor I hope thats not a standard tool item. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Hope all goes well and you be getting some tractor time soon. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ 1700 ford doing the split #3  
Am I the only one wondering what part the axe on the floor had in the tractor getting to... look like that? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ 1700 ford doing the split #4  
Muhammad everyone knows that to do a good and proper job of spliting a tractor one must use a splitting maul. Although I use a maul with a curved handle (personal preference) a straight handle will still get the job done./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

On super tough ones you might even have to resort to using a splitting wedge and a sledgehammer./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

On a different note----
Sure glad you didn't turn off markup I didn't know the html stuff anyway so I won't miss what I didn't know how to use./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ 1700 ford doing the split
Muhammad, Thomas & Gorden. only about 2 inches clearance between rollbar and ceiling. I had to use the maul as a sledgehammer to drive the "tuning fork into the tie rod joint to remove it. Someone has stolen my sledgehammer. It only cost me $209.50 for parts. Don't know how much labor I saved by doing it myself.
JIM

/ 1700 ford doing the split #6  
Jim, I was sure glad Muhammad asked about that splitting maul! Had my curiosity up seeing it lie there.
Post a pic of it all in ONE piece! With the owner in it also, of course.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by scruffy on 10/21/00 05:20 PM.</FONT></P>

/ 1700 ford doing the split #7  
JIM, nice picture, very impressive.