1734e DPF issue

/ 1734e DPF issue #1  

PoppieC

Tractor
Massey Furgeson/1734e
DPF light flashing with ECU light on and beeping. RPM fluctuates up and down and won’t maintain a steady 2200-2500 rpm to initiate the regen cycle. Dealer unavailable for 5 weeks to service. Anything I can do to fix this in the meantim?

/ 1734e DPF issue #2  
Check fuel filters - if plugged they might cause your rpm to fluctuate.

/ 1734e DPF issue #3  
Doesn't sound right at all.

My MF 1758, once, went in and out of regen instead of starting and staying in regen until finished. I turned the tractor off, and the next day it did a similar thing but not as much. After that, normal operation. But it was never flashing lights and beeping.

/ 1734e DPF issue #4  
A dealer being booked for 5 weeks to even look at a problem? Hm, I would think very hard about the dealer or the brand altogether. The tractor possibly won't even be fixed by then.

/ 1734e DPF issue #5  
Can't help with the tractor issue as my NH used DOC, not DPF. Don't know where the OP is or what the tractor is used for but during crop planting and harvesting times not unusual to have to wait 4-6 weeks for repairs. It is not a first come, first served situation. Ag tractors and implements used for commercial farming or hay production come first at most dealers, the rest get worked in. Understandable as crops or hay won't wait to be harvested.

/ 1734e DPF issue #6  
Did you solve the problem? I just read through a thread here on the MF section. The 1743e models seem to have a filter under the tank somewhere that is nowhere listed and most of the dealers are not aware of it.