1754 Hydro Pedals

/ 1754 Hydro Pedals
The pedal switch looks to be the very same switch/sensor that is used as a throttle position sensor on a number of vehicles. Just an observation, but I think it's a common part. Looks like a Delphi design. :)

LM

Dealer's tech that dropped off the switch said it was a common part on Massey tractors. Said he thinks it is in several places on my tractor. I don't know, but the new switch seems to be working.

/ 1754 Hydro Pedals #12  
Last problem, after tractor gets warm, I get a chattering in reverse and lose on average 1/2 mph in mid range speed selector. Feels like the parking brake is partially applied. This only happens after a couple of hours of operation. Hydro fluid is cloudy and dealer thinks that it is contaminated. Dealer also thinks that the hydro fluid has foamed because it was 1 1/2 gallon overfilled and that is what is causing the chattering problem. I don't know on this one? But, since they have given me the fluid and filter, I'm going to give this a try.

Onionfmr,

I have a brand new 1 day old 1835M doing this exact thing. Noticed while mowing with MMM today that after a period it started to “buck” while reversing. Did you ever solve this issue?

I checked all of my fluids before starting and it seemed that the hydro fluid was about 3/4 of the sight glass. After mowing it was full. I will check again in the morning after it cools tonight just to make sure.

/ 1754 Hydro Pedals #13  
Onionfmr,

I have a brand new 1 day old 1835M doing this exact thing. Noticed while mowing with MMM today that after a period it started to “buck” while reversing. Did you ever solve this issue?

I checked all of my fluids before starting and it seemed that the hydro fluid was about 3/4 of the sight glass. After mowing it was full. I will check again in the morning after it cools tonight just to make sure.
I actually think i misunderstood the original post. My issue is the "bucking" in reverse after it gets warmed up. I have the front loader off of the tractor and maybe my issue is an overfilled hydro system. Especially if they filled with the loader in the air. Only way for me to check the level is with a sight glass on rear of tractor. I may have to drain some fluid and see if its overfilled.

A sight glass is OK but i would really prefer a good old dip stick in this instance. No way to check over filling with a glass.

/ 1754 Hydro Pedals #14  
I actually think i misunderstood the original post. My issue is the "bucking" in reverse after it gets warmed up. I have the front loader off of the tractor and maybe my issue is an overfilled hydro system. Especially if they filled with the loader in the air. Only way for me to check the level is with a sight glass on rear of tractor. I may have to drain some fluid and see if its overfilled.

A sight glass is OK but i would really prefer a good old dip stick in this instance. No way to check over filling with a glass.

Checked fluid level and its about 80% of the sight glass so it doesnt appear to be overfilled. Still had a bucking issue in reverse today while mowing. Only occurs after the tractor is good and warm.

Only 7.5 hrs so i would hate to have to change the hyd oil already.

/ 1754 Hydro Pedals #15  
Checked fluid level and its about 80% of the sight glass so it doesnt appear to be overfilled. Still had a bucking issue in reverse today while mowing. Only occurs after the tractor is good and warm.

Only 7.5 hrs so i would hate to have to change the hyd oil already.
what does dealer say?

/ 1754 Hydro Pedals #16  
what does dealer say?

Notified them this morning of the situation and waiting to hear back.
They were really awesome to deal with through the buying process so i am confident they will help me figure this out.

/ 1754 Hydro Pedals #17  
They were really awesome to deal with through the buying process so i am confident they will help me figure this out.
good, I hope it goes well for you.

/ 1754 Hydro Pedals
PM Sent