18"-24" Inches by Sunday

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #51  
well here in south jersey about 20 miles inland we got hammered with a good solid 24". at my parents house just 10 miles away they barely got 12. odd how that works. i started on saturday making a few passes here and there with the bx24 with the landscape rake and it worked out great as i posted before. wanted to stay ahead of it a little. when i got up this morning its like i didn't do anything at all. unfortunately the bx is a bit small for this kind of snow depth. i did my driveway and the shop driveway, my father's place and 2 neighbors. took me from 7:30 to 3:30pm to do it all. it was a never ending battle to not get stuck which i did a few times. once i had to pull myself out with my jeep. kinda stinks, what would have taken me 10-15 minutes per driveway took hours just because of the extreme depth.

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #52  
Here in very NW New Jersey we had about 6" of snow. It gave me a chance to try out my new front snow blower on my B7800. I got last week, just in time. It worked great for my 600' paved driveway. I found that there are some things the blower is best for and some things the blade works better for. Fortunately I can switch them in about 5 minutes. I blew off the major part of the snow and then cleaned up the edges with the blade. Now I just need a cab.

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #53  
Well I work with an old navy guy who also is a weather guy, and fairly good. About two months ago he predicted heavier than normal snowfall for the WINTER, and it ain't winter until tomorrow. This is due to El Nino.

Today after about 2 hours seat time I cleaned over 100' of 20"+ down to pavement, without throwing out my back, did a neighbors for fun, and pushed out a truck.
Think it's time to tell SWMBO I need chains and they'll be about 5 benjamins.

Wait, I tell her I need chains, and tell her the price after I get them.

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #54  
Well I work with an old navy guy who also is a weather guy, and fairly good. About two months ago he predicted heavier than normal snowfall for the WINTER, and it ain't winter until tomorrow. This is due to El Nino.

Today after about 2 hours seat time I cleaned over 100' of 20"+ down to pavement, without throwing out my back, did a neighbors for fun, and pushed out a truck.
Think it's time to tell SWMBO I need chains and they'll be about 5 benjamins.

Wait, I tell her I need chains, and tell her the price after I get them.

$500 for chains!! Oh *$%^#$^! I didn't know they were that much. I decided today, that I need chains for my B7610 too. I had turfs on my B7100, and R4s on the B7610 (bought it used, that's what it came with). The turfs were MUCH better. I've been watching CL and eBay for a good deal on a used or take-off set, but haven't found any.

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #55  
Wow, 22", and quite the weekend I've had. First time using the Bota for snow, FEL and rear blade. Next year I'll have chains.
Total hours this weekend probably around 12-14; it was a blast and quite the learning experience.

Attachments

• Kubota_Driveway.jpg
    Kubota_Driveway.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 140
   / 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #56  
$500 for chains!! Oh *$%^#$^! I didn't know they were that much. I decided today, that I need chains for my B7610 too. I had turfs on my B7100, and R4s on the B7610 (bought it used, that's what it came with). The turfs were MUCH better. I've been watching CL and eBay for a good deal on a used or take-off set, but haven't found any.

Actually looking at Vulcan Tire Sales - Tires, Tire Chains, Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS), and More... Falken - Goodyear - Yokohama - Pirelli - Kumho - Dean - RV Tires and more... they might be available for about $250.

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #58  

Chains for your tractor start around $195 at tirechains.com for standard ladder chains. The 2 link ones (better for R-4's) run over $300 shipped.

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #59  

Man, I remember doing that nonsense when I was younger. Back then, we just used sheet metal screws that we ground a V into the heads on a grinder, one by one. We were broke enough that we only put screws in the left sides of the tires, 'cuz the races were all counter-clockwise.

I've thought about sinking a few in my tractor tires during the winter, but they would probably chew up my macadam driveway...

Pat

/ 18"-24" Inches by Sunday #60  
I'm so jealous of all of you. Here in northern VT we got 0.00001" of snow. Which is basically nothing. We've not had a good, snowy winter in ages.
We've had one little storm so far, maybe 6". And all that has done is turn our drive into a sheet of ice. And I can't seem to get the check book nazi to understand the cost/need for chains.
Hmm... guess I'm gonna have to take the blower off and put the box blade back on and hope I can ram through the ice w/ the scrapper teeth.
Send some snow north dang it!!
j