1966 Ford 4000 will not turn over

/ 1966 Ford 4000 will not turn over
The last 8N rolled off the assembly line in 1952 and never had a diesel option.

If fuel is indeed getting though the filters and to the injection pump then it sounds like the fuel shutoff (the thing that kills the engine when you stop the tractor) is stuck in the closed position. Without know the true model of the machine and whether it is a manual or solenoid fuel shutoff there is no way to advise.

Just making a WAG here but I will assume it is a later model with a solenoid controlled shutoff which means it could be wiring related or defective solenoid.
My fuel shut off would be the arm I pull down to adjust the idle and speed...correct? I put the arm all the way in the up position and turn the toggle switch off that I would suppose go to the starter assembly.

/ 1966 Ford 4000 will not turn over #12  
First.....they didn't make 8ns in 56. But that irrelevant.

Second, no fuel shutoff is not the throttle lever.

The only way to stop a diesel is to stop the fuel, NOT just idle it down

When you turn the key off....does the tractor stop?(if so it's an electric solenoid that shuts fuel deliver off and a possible source of the problem)

The other alternative to an electric fuel stop is a manual one. Turning the key off WONT stop the tractor with this type. There is another knob or lever that needs pushed/pulled to actually stop the tractor. It can be an other potential source of your problem.if the cable or linkage is broke.

So what type do you have?

/ 1966 Ford 4000 will not turn over #13  
Fuel MUST, MUST come out of the injection lines or a diesel engine will not run. If fuel is passing through the filters and is getting to the injection pump but NOT coming from the injection lines when loosened while turning the engine over then the problem most likely is the fuel shut off.

Another way to check this is to locate the fuel return line from the injection pump to the fuel tank, remove it from the tank and see if fuel flows while turning the engine over. If the fuel is flowing then you are again looking at the fuel shutoff or a bad injection pump.

OK, I just got finished looking up the info on a 66' 4000, it has a 3 cylinder diesel that uses a CAV injection pump which has a manual, cable operated fuel shutoff. Make sure the cable is free and moving the lever of the shutoff on the pump. You might get lucky and a bad cable, remove the cable and try working the shutoff lever by hand and see if you can start it. If not then you need to find someone to repair the pump, seems the CAV pump is known to have some issues with the shutoff getting stuck.