1997 T5C hydraulics Problem

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #31  
looks like the problem is the same as in the link I sent you.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem
OK now. After a month or so on this problem, with help from people on this site I have narrowed down EXACTLY what the problem is. It is the pump after the gear pump. It is the 3rd section back from the front by the engine. I have heard 2 - 3 different names. The gear pump comes after. Now, with that in hand I have check a lot of sites and apparently mine does not have all the model numbers on it. I have the first part 70111 - and that is it. There is supposed to be more and the rotation on it also. But mine is clean, no numbers and no damage smearing anything. Now, I am tired of messing around with this and I need the machine like last month so I am just getting a new trans which comes with a new whatever you want to call it pump and a new gear pump. I figure that in the long run it is faster. Then I do not have to worry about any of the other parts going more bad than what they probably already are being 25 years old and having had trans fluid used in it. The bad side is the $4400 (shipping included) it is costing me. I should have it by Saturday.

Thank you to everybody who pitched in and added advice, especially Dwellonroof.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #35  
OK now. After a month or so on this problem, with help from people on this site I have narrowed down EXACTLY what the problem is. It is the pump after the gear pump. It is the 3rd section back from the front by the engine. I have heard 2 - 3 different names. The gear pump comes after. Now, with that in hand I have check a lot of sites and apparently mine does not have all the model numbers on it. I have the first part 70111 - and that is it. There is supposed to be more and the rotation on it also. But mine is clean, no numbers and no damage smearing anything. Now, I am tired of messing around with this and I need the machine like last month so I am just getting a new trans which comes with a new whatever you want to call it pump and a new gear pump. I figure that in the long run it is faster. Then I do not have to worry about any of the other parts going more bad than what they probably already are being 25 years old and having had trans fluid used in it. The bad side is the $4400 (shipping included) it is costing me. I should have it by Saturday.

Thank you to everybody who pitched in and added advice, especially Dwellonroof.

I would once more change the hydraulic oil and filter with the new pump just for insurance.
You are very welcome and keep us posted.

Yes, to me that is automatic. Fresh oil, filter and I will be replacing a few hoses also. All of the ones connected to the new trans and few of the older ones on the machine.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #37  
When you take out the old parts, I'm wondering if the pumps aren't rebuildable for only a few dollars (relatively speaking) in parts. My power steering went out a few years ago. It turned out that the seals were pretty inexpensive to rebuild it. I believe many of the Terramite components were off the shelf from third party vendors like Eaton with good parts availability if you knew or could figure out what they were and where to buy them.

So I wouldn't just throw the old parts away.

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #38  
I am new to this forum but have been reading the posts and decided to join. I have owned my T5c for 12 years. Finally decided to get some way overdue repairs done. Been working on it all summer, many problems mostly hydraulics, leaks galore, parts too costly or not available, etc. Anyhow, I have made good progress on many fronts with getting this machine in reasonable good working order. Now with everything back together the power steering has quit working, before I started working on all the hydraulic problems the power steering was working although not very well as it was sometimes hard to steer, was leaking up the column and below at the fittings on the bottom of the box. I put a seal kit in the steering box. I got everything together and the tractor is running, moving fwd and rev, all hydraulics are working good but the power steering is dead, no assist at all. The manual steering is functioning good with no lost motion or leaks. I Teed into the line that runs from the bottom of the transmission to the steering box with a pressure gauge and with the engine at mid-throttle it only has about 50 psi. Reading all the old posts I could fine on loss of power steering they seem to point to a problem with a bypass spring/poppet assembly installed in the Charge Pump Adapter Assembly. However, after looking at my transmission I can identify the Charge Pump Adapter Assembly by the shape of the part shown on the drawing in the Model 70142 and 70145 07-623 parts/repair manual. The problem is my T5c has a Model 78190 transmission and does not have the removable plug bypass spring/poppet shown in the Model 70142 and 70145 07-623 manual. Does anyone have the parts/repair manual for the 78190 transmission? Since the transmission is moving the tractor normally I am reluctant to tear into the tranny with out parts and documentation in hand. Also, I hear that parts for these terramite eaton transmissions are not available. Anyone know how to get parts for these transmissions? Drop in replacements? Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #39  
I am new to this forum but have been reading the posts and decided to join. I have owned my T5c for 12 years. Finally decided to get some way overdue repairs done. Been working on it all summer, many problems mostly hydraulics, leaks galore, parts too costly or not available, etc. Anyhow, I have made good progress on many fronts with getting this machine in reasonable good working order. Now with everything back together the power steering has quit working, before I started working on all the hydraulic problems the power steering was working although not very well as it was sometimes hard to steer, was leaking up the column and below at the fittings on the bottom of the box. I put a seal kit in the steering box. I got everything together and the tractor is running, moving fwd and rev, all hydraulics are working good but the power steering is dead, no assist at all. The manual steering is functioning good with no lost motion or leaks. I Teed into the line that runs from the bottom of the transmission to the steering box with a pressure gauge and with the engine at mid-throttle it only has about 50 psi. Reading all the old posts I could fine on loss of power steering they seem to point to a problem with a bypass spring/poppet assembly installed in the Charge Pump Adapter Assembly. However, after looking at my transmission I can identify the Charge Pump Adapter Assembly by the shape of the part shown on the drawing in the Model 70142 and 70145 07-623 parts/repair manual. The problem is my T5c has a Model 78190 transmission and does not have the removable plug bypass spring/poppet shown in the Model 70142 and 70145 07-623 manual. Does anyone have the parts/repair manual for the 78190 transmission? Since the transmission is moving the tractor normally I am reluctant to tear into the tranny with out parts and documentation in hand. Also, I hear that parts for these terramite eaton transmissions are not available. Anyone know how to get parts for these transmissions? Drop in replacements? Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You might try the Terramite groups on Facebook

/ 1997 T5C hydraulics Problem #40  
If you can identify the maker and model of the transmission directly, you might find the parts manual there. That is, if it was made by Eaton, I'd be looking for a parts list or manual published by Eaton.

Another option is to call your local hydraulics shop to ask if they can help you source what you need.