1st Post- Looking at an Old L5450

/ 1st Post- Looking at an Old L5450 #31  
Here's a comp, there's a L3750 at a Wisconsin dealer (closest one I found of that vintage) Its got 1k hrs 4 in one bucket 4wd,no hydraulic shuttle shift, no cab, and a bad clutch quoted me 14k they would replace the clutch, resurface flywheel, etc or buy as is for 12k. Figure of course i could haggle but id have to pick it up, No way.

/ 1st Post- Looking at an Old L5450 #32  
You'll get so good with that Kubota that within a year going up close to things won't even bother you. I've run bulldozers, and after a while it becomes second nature being close to objects without ever touching them. You'll see. Go big, or go home!

/ 1st Post- Looking at an Old L5450
Thanks again for all the feedback.
I decided to spend some more time with her.

Went and spent 15 minutes driving and shifting in the fly and stopping and reversing then quick to forward again and such...
I gave the caretaker an offer to give the owners... so we shall see!

/ 1st Post- Looking at an Old L5450 #34  
Well you have a L5450 Avatar so you have to buy it!!!! :)

12k low as they will go. Now I'm just trying to find a way to get 12k. I thought it was gonna be easier, I have a maxed out credit rating but folks are reluctant to give me a personal loan for it. Im checking on line lenders now. Thing is, I'm selling a home and will be paying the loan off in 6-8 months from now.

Grrr...

/ 1st Post- Looking at an Old L5450 #36  
Instead of a go fund me page, start a go FUN me page. Explain your situation. You'll be surprised how many would just give you money.

Bwaahaahaa...
Do it here on TractorNet!?

;0)

/ 1st Post- Looking at an Old L5450 #38  
Question, does anyone know what the standard bucket size is on that tractor? I see it has a LA1150 loader.
Probably is a 72" bucket , which should be approx 1/2 yd.
Did you buy it?
I hope you did....it is a GOOD deal!

/ 1st Post- Looking at an Old L5450 #39  
My first tractor was an L4350. That was a beast, I used it to push over 30ft cedar trees, mowing and moving dirt. It had about 3000 hrs on it when I sold it. If it had a cab, I would probably still have it. That series was super strong.

/ 1st Post- Looking at an Old L5450 #40  
Well there is always the "Midnight Cowboying" option to put some coin in your pocket.