2 Kioti questions

/ 2 Kioti questions #11  
I had a Kubota B7800 open station from 2004 to 2018 for 2000 total hours. Replaced with an NX4510 cab in 2018. 650 hours into the NX now. If I can only have 1 tractor, it would be a cab model hands down. I do a fair amount of work in the trees on my trails (5km worth) and you do need to be aware of branches. Having said that, I purchased a pole saw and fixed the problems that existed. I am getting older and the comfort of a cab when moving snow, and when mowing in hot weather far outweighs the cons. The best money I have ever spent. Have not heard of NX's not selling anymore. I know that here in Canada, lots seem to be quite bare. If you can get your hands on that NX, you can't go wrong. Good luck in your search.

/ 2 Kioti questions #12  
Pretty much the same experience/situation as Kioti Dave: except that I still have my B7800 :D

BUGS. BUGS. BUGS. And also for me, blackberries! (I've had my face ripped up pretty well by them.) A cab is great for minimizing the abuse from nature. I've spent plenty of time exposing my body to such punishment: and I still do plenty of it.

Just know that you WILL break stuff. I've broken a cab door: something like $600 (but amortized over 6 years and 750 hrs it's not quite as bad as it would sound). Somewhere along the line I put a not-to-big crack in the cab top along the edge (I sealed it up). Still have to say that despite it all I have zero reservations about going with a cab (despite many predictions of doom).

Glad to hear that your current Kioti as done well. I had a lot of early doubt with mine but as time has progressed and things have settled down I'm now more on the positive side of the fence (and it just keeps leaning more firmly on that side).

/ 2 Kioti questions #13  
Pretty much the same experience/situation as Kioti Dave: except that I still have my B7800 :D

BUGS. BUGS. BUGS. And also for me, blackberries! (I've had my face ripped up pretty well by them.) A cab is great for minimizing the abuse from nature. I've spent plenty of time exposing my body to such punishment: and I still do plenty of it.

Just know that you WILL break stuff. I've broken a cab door: something like $600 (but amortized over 6 years and 750 hrs it's not quite as bad as it would sound). Somewhere along the line I put a not-to-big crack in the cab top along the edge (I sealed it up). Still have to say that despite it all I have zero reservations about going with a cab (despite many predictions of doom).

Glad to hear that your current Kioti as done well. I had a lot of early doubt with mine but as time has progressed and things have settled down I'm now more on the positive side of the fence (and it just keeps leaning more firmly on that side).
If I knew in 2018 what I know now, that B7800 would still be in my garage. :confused:There is always jobs for a smaller machine. I bet you are glad you still have yours.

/ 2 Kioti questions #14  
If I knew in 2018 what I know now, that B7800 would still be in my garage. :confused:There is always jobs for a smaller machine. I bet you are glad you still have yours.
Yup. That and it's helpful in getting the bigger tractor un-stuck! (well, not exactly so much stuck as in trapped)

Attachments

• B7800.jpg
    B7800.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 264

/ 2 Kioti questions #15  
As a relatively new owner of a new NX6020 open cab here in New Zealand purchased Dec 2021. I personally have always owned open tractors, probably because of our temperate climate and I just like the ease of access and don't need to work if the weather is inclement. Having owned MF and David Brown, I am now very pleased with the Kioti main use mowing, moving sand and compost in extensive gardens along with wood splitting.

Attachments

• 20220212_115940.jpg
    20220212_115940.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 105
   / 2 Kioti questions #16  
I have a 7320 with a cab and a 4510 open station. The cab model is great when mowing or doing any kind of dirt work (staying cool or warm and clean is a nice thing) but the open station is good for pulling mesquite and things where you need more visibility. Cab model if I could only have one.

/ 2 Kioti questions #17  
In late October I sold my Tc29da of 20 years and replaced with a DK4710SE cab. It was a tough decision but was tired of being cold plowing. I still have very low hours on it, but the few times I have plowed snow in a warm cab definitely outweighs the times I will miss the open tractor. The cab on the NX is a bit nicer with the corner windows, but more features than what I needed.