2 Questions (3032e)

/ 2 Questions (3032e) #1  

JDGreenGrass

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 770
On the 3032e...

Does cruise control work in reverse.??

Does the 3032e come with the knob valve that adjusts how quickly the 3pt. hitch drops.??

Both of these questions would be the game changer for me to consider buying this machine.

Thanks.

/ 2 Questions (3032e) #2  
I don't know of any cruise controls that will work in reverse. I at times would like to have that feature, but mine is locked out. Prolly for good reasons. :)

Do you know of a model that does?

As to the hitch drop, I've never changed mine but then it prolly is set "just right". If there is no weight on the 3 pt arms, they drop slower than if I have two pallets of wood hanging off the 3 ph.

/ 2 Questions (3032e)
I don't know of any cruise controls that will work in reverse. I at times would like to have that feature, but mine is locked out. Prolly for good reasons. :)

Do you know of a model that does?

As to the hitch drop, I've never changed mine but then it prolly is set "just right". If there is no weight on the 3 pt arms, they drop slower than if I have two pallets of wood hanging off the 3 ph.

I don't know anything about cruise control on a tractor. That's why asked this question.

I would like to hear from people who run a rear snowblower with Hydro Tranny. Actually, any 3pt attachment that needs a close eye on it....must be un-comfortable having to keep your foot on the peddle while turned around backwards watching an implement. No.??

As for the drop....I use rate of drop knob quite often. For example, I like to drop my rear blade "hard" to engage the the ground and get a better bite. And, often while using the rake I let it down nice and easy to avoid getting a bite.

Also, I have heard some use the "hard" drop for a garden plow to "set" it into the ground.

Surprised you don't use the knob.?? You have a lot of experience so let me ask you this...Why does Deere install it on some tractors.??

I assume it's for the reason's I have stated.??

/ 2 Questions (3032e) #4  
I don't know anything about cruise control on a tractor. That's why asked this question.

I would like to hear from people who run a rear snowblower with Hydro Tranny. Actually, any 3pt attachment that needs a close eye on it....must be un-comfortable having to keep your foot on the peddle while turned around backwards watching an implement. No.??

As for the drop....I use rate of drop knob quite often. For example, I like to drop my rear blade "hard" to engage the the ground and get a better bite. And, often while using the rake I let it down nice and easy to avoid getting a bite.

Also, I have heard some use the "hard" drop for a garden plow to "set" it into the ground.

Surprised you don't use the knob.?? You have a lot of experience so let me ask you this...Why does Deere install it on some tractors.??

I assume it's for the reason's I have stated.??

for a sort of cruise control in reverse, the max speed could be set then you just mash on the pedal without worrying about keeping a set speed

/ 2 Questions (3032e)
for a sort of cruise control in reverse, the max speed could be set then you just mash on the pedal without worrying about keeping a set speed

Let me get this straight...You can set a maximum speed and bottom out the pedal without going full bore.??

Does the 3032e come with max speed control.?? That works in reverse.??

But, you still have to be in contact with the pedal.

I really think that a gear tractor is best for my needs. And, I am very happy with my 770...But I, like so many others, am always thinking of the next step up.

/ 2 Questions (3032e) #6  
Let me get this straight...You can set a maximum speed and bottom out the pedal without going full bore.??

I really think that a gear tractor is best for my needs. And, I am very happy with my 770...But I, like so many others, am always thinking of the next step up.

if it is an ehydro like my 3410 and has the max speed feature you can set the max speed the tractor will go and any pedal movement will be a proportion of the set speed, so pushing the pedal half way will get you half the max speed you set.

and my max speed works either way but has to first be set going forward

/ 2 Questions (3032e) #7  

JDGG,

On ehydro's you can have "speed match" with the pedal depressed IF you get the auto type cruse control. So you should check if if that's an option on the 3032e.

OMLVU19809_L8

I don't believe the 3032e and the 3038e can upgrade to the auto cruise control. You should ask a dealer. The manual for the 3032e doesn't show an auto cruise option as that might be a 3x20 option.

Rob

/ 2 Questions (3032e) #8  
JDGG,

On ehydro's you can have "speed match" with the pedal depressed IF you get the auto type cruse control. So you should check if if that's an option on the 3032e.

OMLVU19809_L8

I don't believe the 3032e and the 3038e can upgrade to the auto cruise control. You should ask a dealer. The manual for the 3032e doesn't show an auto cruise option as that might be a 3x20 option.

Rob

I had the up grade put on my 4310, I think it was about $35

The wiring was there already it was a matter of a different on/off switch and adding the set/resume switch

here is the section from the operators manual for the 20s

Using SpeedMatch Option (eHydro)
SpeedMatch enables the operator to set the desired maximum travel speed for the machine. Full forward or reverse pedal travel distance can be used to control machine travel speed between stop and the desired maximum travel speed.

1. Depress forward travel pedal until desired maximum travel speed is reached.

2. Fully depress bottom of cruise switch to activate speedmatch function.

3. Fully depress bottom of accel/decel switch to set maximum travel speed.

4. Release forward travel pedal. Completely depress forward travel pedal to achieve desired maximum speed.

5. Adjust maximum travel speed:

• Fully depress top of accel/decel switch repeatedly to increase speed by increments.

• Fully depress bottom of accel/decel switch repeatedly to decrease speed by increments.

6. Fully depress top of cruise switch to return switch to middle position and disengage speedmatch.

/ 2 Questions (3032e) #9  
for the cuise in reverse, only gear has that. ehydro doesnt work with cruise control in reverse. (I have tried on the 3720). It isnt that big a deal if you dont mind holding down the pedal. :confused2: Have you looked at the 3005 or 3320 with power reverser?

/ 2 Questions (3032e)
for the cuise in reverse, only gear has that. ehydro doesnt work with cruise control in reverse. (I have tried on the 3720). It isnt that big a deal if you dont mind holding down the pedal. :confused2: Have you looked at the 3005 or 3320 with power reverser?

Does the 3005 come with the power reverser.?? If it does, that's the tractor that would likely be my next one. Old design, good tractor. However, I would like to get to the 25hp/pto mark to run the snowblower. I think pto power on the 3005 is less than that. The 3320 would be the better choice but money becomes an object at that price point.

Does the 3005 come with the reverser.??

Did I mention... I love my 770.!!