200 acre property, Considering a M-5 111

/ 200 acre property, Considering a M-5 111 #11  
I just went with a Kubota/Landpride 12ft. I had one spindle tranny bearing go out, but..... I tried to mow a t-post with so not really their fault.

What does tick me off is bush hogging & the batwing never can pull up the grass that my tires run over, so the pasture has strips of long grass the next day after a fresh cut! Drives me up the wall.

The only thing I can think to do is buy some blades that have more of a curve on the trailing edge so it might suck the grass up better & give me a cleaner cut.

Steve

Attachments

• 76FCC601-03C1-4B34-B71E-5DE369DC252A.jpeg
    76FCC601-03C1-4B34-B71E-5DE369DC252A.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 113
   / 200 acre property, Considering a M-5 111 #12  
Where are you located? My dealer for the most part keeps a couple 15 foot batwing BH cutters on the yard along with a fold up offset. He sells a lot of them to the highway grass contractors. They are quite pricey IMHO. I think my cousin, who does that, paid $88,000 for the four he just bought.

/ 200 acre property, Considering a M-5 111 #13  
I just went with a Kubota/Landpride 12ft. I had one spindle tranny bearing go out, but..... I tried to mow a t-post with so not really their fault.

What does tick me off is bush hogging & the batwing never can pull up the grass that my tires run over, so the pasture has strips of long grass the next day after a fresh cut! Drives me up the wall.

The only thing I can think to do is buy some blades that have more of a curve on the trailing edge so it might suck the grass up better & give me a cleaner cut.

Steve
I have very little such problems with my Woods BW15.50. Three point mowers, yes. BW, no. Indeed, the BW cuts much more cleanly than my 5', 6', or 7' mounted cutters.

Ground speed too fast?

/ 200 acre property, Considering a M-5 111 #14  
What sort of tractor did you end to getting?