2002 Mahindra 5005DI

/ 2002 Mahindra 5005DI #1  

70chevellegsp

Tractor
Mahindra 5005DI
Hello, just joined. I recently traded my 1982 Kubota M4050 for the 2002 Mahindra 5005 with a ML214 Loader (plus a few $). Had the Kubota for a few years and did a good bit of work to get it right, but it was long in the tooth (3,500+ hrs) and did not have a loader. The 5005 popped up from a neighbor who has a tractor repair shop. It has 520 hours on the clock and is in great shape. My neighbor changed the oil, hydraulic & transmission fluids/filters and I just did the fuel filters and greased all the zircs. I also fabbed 2 arms to hold an ATV basket off the rear of the ROPs and mounted a tool box on the right fender. Tired of driving back to my truck to get a tool and carrying my chainsaws in the bucket while brush hogging. Lots of work to do on my 80 acres this spring with food plots a pumpkin patch and some drainage work. I have the owner/operator, service, and loader manuals, all of which are a bit lacking, so hopefully this site can fill in any necessary additional information. Hoping for a smooth growing season with the 'new' tractor.

/ 2002 Mahindra 5005DI
Not a lot of action in the Mahindra section? After finishing up all the prep work and maintenance, I loaded up the tractor and trailered to my farm. Got a little work done before the rains yesterday and got the tractor in the open equipment shed. Found that there's not a whole lot of info/following for the 5005. Got the owners manual and service manual for the tractor and loader, but they are pretty lacking. Pretty simple tractor, which is ok by me, seems to have a good power in comparison to my old Kubota. Lots to do, looking forward to the 2024 growing season with the 'new' tractor.

Attachments

• 2024 Spring Pic.jpg
    2024 Spring Pic.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 23
   / 2002 Mahindra 5005DI #3  
You're right. There is not an over abundance of "activity" in the Mahindra forum. But when someone has an issue, most of us try to come to the rescue if we can.

For general issues, post on one of the other TBN forums. Lots to choose from. And usually very good advice.

And Welcome!