2003 GC2300 broken radiator.

/ 2003 GC2300 broken radiator.
This is agonizing because you have relatively minor damage and yet with the leak you cannot ignore it. There HAS to be shops in driving distance able to repair that damage and at very least solder / plug the holes. Many times shops do minor radiator repair yet are not mainly 'radiator shops.' Where are you located?
Fairly rural Arkansas. None of the auto repair shops in the nearby towns mention radiator repair. I expect like TV repair shops, Boot repair, and other similar things, it is a obsolete business to be in.

I ordered some High heat JB Weld and it is on the way. I figure I will use it to build a heck of a epoxy plug at the damaged area over a few days of application. Then test to see if it holds water before re-installing it to the tractor.

/ 2003 GC2300 broken radiator. #12  
if it does not work you will have to further damage the core just to fix what the jb weld failed to fix.
your tractor your call...

/ 2003 GC2300 broken radiator. #13  
if it does not work you will have to further damage the core just to fix what the jb weld failed to fix.
your tractor your call...
I agree with Dmacleo -- Also I doubt that the JB Weld ,wonderful goo that I have found it to be, will hold pressure or may not. Better off finding someone who does welding/brazing and get a serious attempt at repair. Do not have to be a "radiator shop" per se. Like rural Arkansas I find that available many places in rural WVa. Start with a welding shop. Call an old established auto repair shop, etc.

/ 2003 GC2300 broken radiator. #14  
What is the OEM, is it Iseki? If you found the equivalent model, perhaps that could make it easier to narrow down?
Well..... This is new OEM...

Screenshot 2024-05-21 125926.jpg

/ 2003 GC2300 broken radiator. #15  
Would seem to me that if its only a few tubes and core is aluminum as most are, any shop that can "tig weld" aluminum could be able to seal off damaged tubes....

/ 2003 GC2300 broken radiator. #17  
Would seem to me that if its only a few tubes and core is aluminum as most are, any shop that can "tig weld" aluminum could be able to seal off damaged tubes....
I don't think they weld them, I think they use aluminum brazing rod.

I have done some really remarkable things with that stuff. But, never tried to repair a radiator.

Cut 10"off the front of this aluminum golf cart bed, and brazed it all back together.

Attachments

• IMG_1787bed.JPG
    IMG_1787bed.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 25
   / 2003 GC2300 broken radiator. #18  
That's what I'm saying. There could be difficulty if the pans are plastic or something molded to the aluminum tubes with his damage so close the pan/bottom horizontal part.

/ 2003 GC2300 broken radiator.
The aluminum of these radiators is about the thickness of a soda pop can. Unlike the copper radiators that could be soldered I am not sure that how a welding repair could be made. However i do see several videos online about people using JB-Weld on aluminum raidators. So before paying out $800+ I am willing to give it a try. Thanks everyone for your input (except Gator)